Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 02:14 PM

Default The way Party does it makes no sense....

Recently, players with little to no money in their accounts get redeposit bonuses or free money. Players with balances, and who actually play at the site regularly get nothing.

I play at a few sites and generally have $1k at each site sitting around at any given time. So naturally I dont get any of these reload bonus offers.

So what I guess I have to do now is just cash out everyday from Party and leave a couple pennies balance. I assume they pay a transaction fee to Neteller or how else would Neteller remain in business? Member to member transfers are 1.5% vig, so cashing in and out $1,000 at a time will cost them somewhwere around $30 a day (Im sure their fees are significantly less though). But for arguments sake, thats just a lot of wasted money. When all they have to do is award everyone the same $100 bonus fairly. They make back most of it in rake anyway.

So since I play at the site and pay the rake without already, that makes me a less valuable player and that annoys the [censored] out of me.

UB seems to appreciate and reward their players more then any other site I can think of. I suppose thats because they have a solid team of pro "ambassadors". Maybe Full Tilt with their pro base will have a similar attitude.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: The way Party does it makes no sense....

Cashing in and out everyday won't help. Your account needs to be consistently empty for at least a couple of weeks. Every time you buy back in, it gets reset. Party isn't trying to reward players for playing on their site, they are a business! The title of the bonus is "comeback bonus." Why do they need you to come back when you are already playing there?
Old 06-27-2004, 02:20 PM

I have no problem with Party's bonus system. I've received bonus emails before when I've had 8K in my Party account. I may have received more if my account had no balance but I defintely wasn't getting stiffed.

What I do have a problem with is not being elligible for any rake reduction for the simple fact that I've been playing on Party for three years.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:45 PM

This is analogous to walking into the grocery store and seeing Miller Lite suitcases on sale and then upon checkout being told that the sale price is only for people who drink Budwieser or don't drink beer at all.

Really, why are so many people so loyal to Party? What does Party do for their players that makes them special. It's probably because they are an affiliate or get a nice rake rebate from some affiliate. Not me, I was stupid enough to sign up with them in the beginning, long before the affiliate kickback craze started.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is analogous to walking into the grocery store and seeing Miller Lite suitcases on sale and then upon checkout being told that the sale price is only for people who drink Budwieser or don't drink beer at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its more like the Budweiser marketing rep seeing some guys drinking Heineken and giving them a big discount coupon for Bud. Then seeing you drinking Bud and passing you by. Only if you find out about the other guy getting the coupon do you get pissed off.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:03 PM

No self respecting Heineken man would drink a buttswiper, but point taken.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:06 PM

However, if Heinekin is loyal to its drinkers, they will be more resistent to changing brands despite being able to save a few bucks one time. This is why cigarette smokers are loyal to the same brand, I dont think Camel will accept your Marlboro miles.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:14 PM

are you saying that a good business model is: "do not reward your happy customers, focus all resources on getting new customers"? If thats the way you run your business I think you'll find yourself spending twice as much time, effort and money trying to get back the customers you lost.

also, by your logic, youre saying that I would not only have to cash out but stop playing at Party entirely for a few weeks, before Party tries to lure me back with bonus?
In the meantime I would just have to patronize thier competitors games and fill thier pockets. IMO if youre Party, anything that causes your players to play somewhere else is a BAD idea.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you saying that a good business model is: "do not reward your happy customers"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says they are happy customers? You don't sound happy.

the happy ones play poker for fun. People desperate for the bonus are playing not for fun, but for money. They are not truly loyal - if Party gets down to a normal fishiness level, these guys will abandon ship.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:24 PM

It is standard marketing policy, they have spent a lot on bonuses etc to get these players, they have stopped playing for whatever reason so you try and get them back by offering a little incentive.

Other companies do it for example I get my groceries online but I have moved workplaces recently and am now in central London so havent used them in three weeks, last week I got an email saying you havent shopped with us come back and heres £5 off your next bill. I am sure people who are ordering every week are not getting this bonus.

Party will do what it has too to keep the numbers ticking over, regular players do get some rewards (ie release bonuses), the majority on here get a rake rebate and lets face it good players are making money out of those taking up the bonuses who probably busted out last time they played so its fresh food for better players.