Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Re: PP Bad Beat Jackpot

100K hands, I have had TTTT or better, using both my holecards, 11 times. Won them all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2004, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the number of hands between jackpots is around 28,000 under these conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the fine print a little closer, I can gaurantee that the jackpot doesn't increase by $1 per hand played. (even if that's what they are dropping).
Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM

I just sent an email to party asking 1. The drop, 2. The percentage of the drop that goes to the jackpot, 3. If the standards would stay the same when the beta period is over. One thing to consider is that party deals exponentially larger hands than a B&M, so they either need to compensate throught the standards or the percentage of drop kept. I did however recommend that the standards be set at any quads beat, or a high hand bonus to compensate for the high standard. I would be extremely interested in the likelyhood of quad Tens getting beat for future emails though, I pulled 40,000 to one from the back of my mind, but after reading this post I seem to be WAY off.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:26 PM

I received my reply. $.50 will be collected from each raked hand. 10% will go to PP, 20% to seed the next Jackpot, and 70% to build the current Jackpot. He will also "forward my suggestions to management."
Old 06-14-2004, 08:24 PM

i've seen BB-jackpots and B&M's build to up to $50k (a's full of t's or better beaten by quads or better).
i've also heard of places that hit the BB-jackpot twice in the same day.

i think using anecdotal info like this isn't terribly helpful though. it just gives you a very rough idea.

i've seen some caribbean-stud jackpots clear $300k....while others never go past $100k.
again, sometimes the royal-flush doesn't hit for several months.....other places they hit a royal and a straight-flush on the same day.

also....i have no idea how to determine when it becomes +EV to play on these tables....but you need to consider that the 'loser' of the hand gets a certain percentage....the 'winner' gets a percentage.....and everyone else dealt into the hand gets a percentage (i think the other players split 25% of the JP).
Old 06-15-2004, 12:11 AM

Texas Turbo Holdem tracks some jackpot hands. The hardest one they track is any quads beat, both hole cards play. In a 9 million hand sim the jp occurred about 1 every 163,000 hands. It would obviously be more rare for PP.

I don't know the odds, but I expect it would come to about 200,000 to 1 or worse.