Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 02:16 AM

Default TT, K on flop

I'm trying to learn how to play pocket pairs when an overcard flops. Previously I had been just check folding, but that's giving up way too much (right?). Here's a hand:

I have exported PT notes on UTG that has him playing 85% (of about 60 hands), and a note that says he'll call down with inferior hands. At this table I've seen him raise preflop with AQ and 66 (from MP), and bet/raise his decent hands postflop. Don't know CO.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls.</font>

Is this SOP?
Old 06-06-2004, 02:28 AM

Default Re: TT, K on flop

these situations have been tough for me at low limits were you want to push a hand but get called down by K3 or whatever. i think your play was fine being that there were only three of you. i think as long as you know that these players will call you down with worse hands than yours often enough to make it worth your while its good aggressive poker.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Re: TT, K on flop

I probably play it the same, but I wouldn't be surprised to be shown K2 or some goofy two pair.