Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Incorrect flush draw vs. Correct flush draw

I want to know what the board is like before I'm making a hard and fast rule. Why is the pot being 3 bet in the first place? If the board is paired, or my reads tell me that my King may not be good.

I understand your point and I think it's a good one. It's something I'll probably change in my game.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what the board is like before I'm making a hard and fast rule. Why is the pot being 3 bet in the first place? If the board is paired, or my reads tell me that my King may not be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point too Dids. On an unpaired board with several callers and the nut-flush draw 3-betting is easy. If the board is paired or if you're going to war with a TAG who limped in and you don't have the nut draw then you've got some thinking to do.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:34 PM

How do you know when it is correct to start the betting with a flush draw and when to check raise?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:56 PM

One question concerning raising (or check-raising) a flush draw, do you need to consider the chance that the orignial bettor will re-raise? My guess is that you welcome this bet, b/c you have the pot odds to call it.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Here\'s my question...

One consideration with flush draws is that if you push too hard you may knock people out who are drawing dead if you eventually make your flush.

Thus you are SB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the board is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players). Bet-call-call-raise - ?. I would probably just call because I want overcalls, not folds.

I might play the same way with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair), but the case for raising is stronger. If I do get heads up against the button I may win without making my flush. If he has a flush or straight draw I probably have the best hand and will win if no one improves. If he does have a pair, my ace or little pair gives me extra outs that might be worthless in a 4-handed pot.

Once in a while you can sense that a better flush draw is pumping the pot. In *close* cases I will heed this warning and avoid reraising with a low draw.