Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Gesture of my intentions (for Lori and Zoo) (Very Long)

At the very least, someone should post a key or "program" to help us match the new characters with the old.

Like a sort of pattern map?

Simon
Old 03-31-2004, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't have to cite your own works

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you do. The works cited isn't just to protect against plagarism. It is also to allow readers to retrace your research and build, with their future works/research, on the shared knowledge. Not citing to an earlier work (even if authored by you) breaks this chain.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok here's the deal. This didnt take me hours to write tonight. However, it did take a lot of work. These 2 papers, are papers I wrote while in college, and it took me a good 30 minutes to dig through my closets to find the disk they were on

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry. You did not use correct MLA guidelines for your works cited. Please rewrite and try again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also where is your works cited page for the first paper.

Just kidding. I have no problem with you coming back. You seem to have good enough intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is this Gabbbbyyy, this choice shouldn't be up to you, me or Lori or anyone else here except Mat S, Ray Z, Mason and David. It's their forum, if they don't want someone posting here, they have the right to deny that.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:14 PM

The problem is this Gabbbbyyy, this choice shouldn't be up to you, me or Lori or anyone else here except Mat S, Ray Z, Mason and David. It's their forum, if they don't want someone posting here, they have the right to deny that.

Bingo!

The reason I didn't reply to this was that my original idea for Ryan was one intended for him to help himself to convince Mat he was serious, not me.

I have only once gone 'against' Mat and that was in the case of SamJack where I felt that Mat hadn't got enough of the relevant information about the person concerned.
IF Mat had read that information and still decided to keep SamJack banned, I'd have agreed with that.
As it turned out, Mat, being a rational person went a bit deeper because so many people queried the banning and decided to give SJ the benefit of the doubt.

There are also bannings (ThomasTem) where WE don't have the relevant information.
Sadly, these are beyond question as there is no way Mat can give us the details of the problem AND maintain the privacy of those who complained.

This is 2+2s playground, and they provide it for us to play in, if they don't want certain people here, it is 100% their right to deny that privelege.
Mat and the guys are as fair as can be expected, and usually more so, they allow people to push it to the line, but don't suffer repeated abuse gladly, and who can blame them.

Lori