Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: What does Commerce owe this guy?

If it was Vegas a comped room and free buffet could be a solution, as for LA? I have no idea, it reminds me of the time when a dealer snatched my bullets from play because i set them down without a chip covering them....... Needless to say I was pissed, but that was only 5/10
Old 01-03-2004, 05:16 AM

Yeah from that angle, that definitely is pretty crummy, having a flaky dealer at a high end table, maybe it was his first night there?

I have a customer service background of sorts in IT, if I or anyone for that matter had done the equivalent to one of my clients, we would probably have heard about it from management, then again one of my former co-workers is a rude sob (even to co-workers), and she is still working there.

-t

Old 01-06-2004, 06:32 AM

I would give him back the money that he put in AFTER THE TURN, as BEFORE the turn, he had to know he might be chasing and COULD NOT know the ace was NOT out. That would take the hand back to the point before the mistake money wise.

He was behind on the flop, and STILL could not have known for sure the A was not out. So, he would lose all the money he put in pre-flop, but I was give him the money for the bets after that, just as a show of goodwill -- nothing more.

But yea, not rabbit hunting the burn cards, and really, he does not deserve anything. He made all his decisions with the cards that are shown...he should live with them.

I also think the question here is, why the hell was an inexperienced dealer dealing 80/160??? You can't tell me he was the best guy they had....
Old 01-07-2004, 01:42 PM

Everyone has made valid points about the dealer and the player, but I think everybody has missed one crucial point:

Why didn't anyone else at the table notice the 2nd burn hitting the muck PRIOR to the (false) turn card hitting the table? It seems to me that at an 80-160 table with a known poor dealer, the players should have been even more aware of what he/she was doing.

Not placing blame on the players, just suprised that no one at the table said anything until after turn card was face up...especially the two players directly involved with the hand.