Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 02:18 AM

Default silly and obvious party question

i've been doing pretty well on my 2-4 tables when they get short-handed and thought i'd give the 6-max tables a try. huh?? are there really no 6-max at this level??

i see them at 1-2 and at 5-10 but nothing at 2-4 or 3-6. kind of weird unless i'm missing something.
since i've always played full-ring on party/empire i guess i just never noticed it before. no big deal, guess i'll stay at the full-ring....not in the mood to step up to 5-10 but maybe i'll play on a 1-2 6-max if the table looks right just for a change of pace.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:07 AM

Default Re: silly and obvious party question

Good job you're not an Omaha (hi) player, there aren't any tables at that limit. (Although why anyone would want to play LIMIT Omaha Hi is beyond me).
Old 12-23-2003, 05:13 AM

Short handed favors some players. I was a fan but my interest in short handed has declined. If you really do well then think about moving up or trying another site where you can get what you need. You don't have to stay at the site that doesn't suit your needs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2003, 10:04 AM

I believe the decision not to have shorthanded 2-4 or 3-6 tables has something to do with the rake structure and the avg pot sizes at shorthanded 2-4 and 3-6 games. Whatever the economics of it are, it is profitable for party to offer 1-2 and 5-10, and not as much so for 2-4 and 3-6.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:00 AM

UB has different rake structure and has these games offered.

For best rake results...do not play six handed...play FIVE...the rake is almost always capped lower in five handed games. Long time ago Paradise had 5 hand max. Don't know if they still do....they do!

P.S. Party keeps same rake for 2-10 players at fifty cent and one two. Now I am curious and will check a few more.

UB rake