Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2001, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 3-6 hand

Easy raise pre-flop. And 3-way action is good for your hand. I would also bet on the flop because your hand is probably good. The chances of one of the other two players holding a king is not enough to be scared yet.

When she raises you, my response would depend on my impression of that player. If she is fairly weak-tight and straightforward, I think you can be pretty certain you are beat and a fold would be the right play.

If she is a tricky player who often raises for free cards or freerolls, then I would probably try a stop-and-go move on her. This is where I would just call her raise and bet into her on the turn. If she reraises, you are almost certainly facing a set or two-pair. If she just calls, I would check-call her on the river. She may have had something like QJ and you might induce a bluff out of her.

I think you played this hand fine. If you don't know this woman well enough to get a good impression of her playing style, then I think a fold is the best thing.