Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Revenge on the any2carders

It's not his points I disagree with it's his attitude - I admit that ATs wasn't played well but it had nothing to do with the post. It was a simple sometimes the luck swings the other way post.

I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right, I knew how I played it as soon as I got 3bet on the turn.

as for the KK, this one is situational. it depends on table texture, what cards I am putting my opponents on. how I think they will play those cards etc

The 2 guys I was playing would have almost certainly shut down to a raised flop unless they hit a draw

against different players who show agression or don't tend to shut down so easily I would have raised that flop without thinking twice

you're only seeing the cards, and the cards are only half the of story.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:04 PM

It's not his points I disagree with it's his attitude

The reason why I choose to be involved in the Micro forum isn't to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm here to give my opinion and advice. Making you feel good about a hand isn't a priority for me. I want to help people in this forum be better players. If that means that sometimes I have to be harsh and straight-forward, then so be it. Usually, I'm not, but when you make comments like, "I admit that ATs wasn't played well but it had nothing to do with the post. It was a simple sometimes the luck swings the other way post. I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right," it shows me that you aren't posting to improve; rather, you're posting out of ego. That merits a response from me to remind you and everybody else why the 2+2 forums are here: to better our games. If you don't want me to be involved in your threads anymore, let me know. If the majority of Micro players who post here feel the same way, then let me know. I'm only here because I thought I could be an asset to the forum, but if I'm not welcome because my advice may seem harsh at times, then that's alright with me I guess. I'll deal.

I wasn't looking for anyone to say I played it wrong or right, I knew how I played it as soon as I got 3bet on the turn.

Don't be results oriented. Whether you win or lose a hand has nothing to do with whether you played it correctly or not.

you're only seeing the cards, and the cards are only half the of story.

Soda is a very experienced player. He knows this far better than me or you. He also knows in what situations your statement applies best.

No hard feelings from me, btw. I have nothing personal against you. I just feel like the attitude you're portraying is very unteachable. And as anybody who's spent some time around these boards can tell you, that's not the way to maximize the wealth of knowledge here.

Keep playing, keep posting, stay humble,

GoT
Old 11-26-2003, 08:13 PM

Tilt stop being a jackass,

What about this statement...

The purpose of your post doesn't change the fact that you misplayed your hand badly. Stop making excuses. This forum is meant to help everybody learn and improve. If you want to become better, leave your pride and excuses at the door.

...makes me a jackass? I'm giving you good advice. Again, I ask you to leave your pride at the door. Just because your hand post wasn't meant for critisism doesn't mean it doesn't deserve it.

all i meant to do was put a smile on a few peoples face and amke them laugh that one of the jerks who plays things like J3 UTG caught but got burned - if you cant handle that then dont bother reading it.

Again, I and others are trying to help you because a better player. If our responses saying that you misplayed the hand offend you, then you need to leave your pride at the door.

And I didn't play it horribly, I made some mistakes. It's not an automatic raise preflop every time, if it is you're playing like a robot and too predictable.

ATs after a weak limper playing 6-max IS an automatic raise! I'm sorry, but at the 1/2, playing like "a robot and too predictable" will be what makes you the most money. Don't get tricky play syndrome. ABC is what brings it in at this level.

Again, leave your pride at the door when posting. I'll try to do the same.

GoT
Old 11-26-2003, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the majority of Micro players who post here feel the same way, then let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like your opinion/advice anytime GuyOnTilt! I hope you will respond to my first Party post in this forum. I moved away from Stars and trying to adjust to the game there. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, leave your pride at the door when posting. I'll try to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it gets me in trouble alot and blurs my vision, and don't think I dont appreciate your posts, it was the injured pride thing.