Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Smart Glove

I bought one of these Smart Gloves at Rite Aid for $15 and gave it a try after someone mentioned it here. I didn't like it. My hand felt tingly after wearing it, because it fits kind of tight, and it's very difficult to use the mouse. I didn't think it had very good wrist support either. There is only one splint on the top and it has a lot of give to it. You could bend your wrist up and down quite easily.

The other thing that was bad is the the part of the glove that goes between your thumb and forefinger. It was irritating and started to my rub my skin raw.

I tried on most of the wrist support braces they had, and the one I liked the best is called the Ace Tek Zone Antimicrobial Deluxe Wrist Brace. I've been using it for several days now. It has a very firm (removable) top and bottom splints so you can't bend your wrist. The part that goes between your thumb and forefinger doesn't rub against your skin like the Smart Glove does. There are three velcro straps so you can adjust how tight you want it to fit, and there is a gel pad right in the palm of your hand. It was also a lot easier to use the mouse with this wrist brace, but it still takes some getting used to.

Price was $17.

WalGreens