Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: PP $11 - Okay, so I\'m ascared of pushing on the bubble. BFD. 3 H

[ QUOTE ]
3rd is the only shove here

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be kidding. You really do okay in the $55s?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:56 PM

I'd push the 2nd and 3rd without thinking about it; the 1st is (for a change!) marginal but it's probably also fine to push, however, I might not in this situation just so I could get away with pushing #2 and #3 more readily.. if that makes sense.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm slightly less afraid now.

[/ QUOTE ]Me, too.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Thing about hand #2 is that BB is more afraid than you are if he is paying attention. This is a spot where cards really matter little. Yeah I'd like him to have a little less of a stack, or I, a little more...but this is perfect for a steal. (shortie's in BB next hand? Never fear here)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: PP $11 - Okay, so I\'m ascared of pushing on the bubble. BFD. 3 Hands

I'm surprised people think the first hand is close. Judging by most 11s I've ever played, pushing here is pretty bad. Maybe not Hindenburg bad but still. From a pure numbers approach, even if the blinds are calling top 8% (66+, AT+) pushing is -EV. And lots of blinds at this limit are waaay looser than that.

You have a relatively big stack and it's good if your gut instinct is to start leaning forward with it. But here the disparity isn't nearly big enough to push any two, not to mention you'd be pushing over the only guy who has you covered. At these blinds and these positions, I wouldn't be thinking about pushing ANY two until I had opened up a little more daylight, like maybe 3500 chips vs even stacks.

The second and the third hand are easy pushes for what Bluefeet said. So when the BB wakes up with AA in both of them you can take solace in the math.