Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Physics question (toilet related)

[ QUOTE ]
Chaos theory really.

Turbulent water flows are not predictable, even with the same action and volume each time.

Combine that with the variables of length, width, and mass of the logs, and there is lots of randomness there to take care of how often all of the shite goes down, let alone the number of time you have to flush until your skidmarks leave the likeness of Jesus on the bowl.

Regards,.
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for a large well known toilet manufacter, and I can tell you that there is no "chaos theory" during the flushing of a toilet. We have approx. 4 phd's that concetrate on the flow of water during the flush of a toilet.

What's my job? I flush test these things. Not all the time, but that is what my main project is right now. We us all different types of media to test what a toilet is capable of flushing.

This seems like an exciting topic for OOT lately (human waste), so if you have inquiries as to exactly what this process is just ask. May seem like a boring subject to some, but I can tell you that watching a toilet being tested can be pretty damn exciting.