Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Simpsons or Futurama
(2) The Simpsons 182 90.55%
(7) Futurama 19 9.45%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Best SNL Commericials, Semifinals

Christ, how is Old Glory losing to Schmitt's Gay? You people suck at comedy.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This is a real upset.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 PM

One of my personal favorites is the First Citiwide Change Bank... cracks me up every time.

"Bank Representative: All the time, our customers ask us, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer is simple: Volume."

<font color="teal">~TG</font> [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 12:54 PM

Because robots are funnier than drunk fags.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM

Can someone find me a video of Happy Fun Ball. Suprisingly for all the SNL I've seen and have memorized, I have never heard of this commercial.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This is a real upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You gotta remember, when SG came out, it was legendary amongst certain 4th-5th grade circles.

Who doesn't like Phil Hartman saying, "So if you have a thirst..and you're Gay..." Come on.

And you gotta remember it with the original Van Halen music not that other imposter crap they had to switch to about 5 years ago. "Beautiful Girls". lol.

"You two look like you need to get wet." Sandler and Farley...gay.. come on. It's great.

Old Glory is good, too, mostly because of Waterston, but it is a different flavor. It's an acquired taste, ironically, much like the actual Schmitt's Gay beer... huh.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone find me a video of Happy Fun Ball. Suprisingly for all the SNL I've seen and have memorized, I have never heard of this commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's circa 1988, and it's about a a little orange ball not too dissimilar to a street hockey ball. It's just a damn ball, but it has all these warnings...like do not leave it in sunlight too long... uhh, do not taunt it... it's made up of some undiscovered chemical on the periodic table... it's hilarious. And it had it's own song!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my personal favorites is the First Citiwide Change Bank... cracks me up every time.

"Bank Representative: All the time, our customers ask us, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer is simple: Volume."

[/ QUOTE ]
This one was seeded unfairly. I believe it drew Happy Fun Ball first round, which was a shame.

Customer #2: I went to my First Citiwide branch to change a fifty. I guess I was in kind of a hurry, and I asked for a twenty, a ten, and two fives. Their computers picked up my mistake right away, and I got the correct change.

[ SUPER: "Correct Change" ]

Bank Representative: We have been in this business a long time. With our experience, we're gonna have ideas for change combinations that probably haven't occurred to you. If you have a fifty-dollar bill, we can give you fifty singles. [ SUPER: "We can give you fifty singles" ] We can give you forty-nine singles and ten dimes. We can give you twenty-five twos. Come talk to us. [ SUPER: "We can give you twenty-five twos" ] We are not going to give you change that you don't want. If you come to us with a hundred-dollar bill, we're not going to give you two-thousand nickels.. [ SUPER: "We're not going to give you two thousand nickels" ] - unless that meets your particular change needs. We will give you.. the change.. equal to.. the amount of money.. that you want change for!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM

There are a couple commercials that I'm not sure were ever in the running.

Anyone remember that old David Spade credit card commercial where he promised to do anything for your business? Someone called in and asked him to kill his boss. He said no, then finally said OK, we'll do it. A girl wanted a pony and he goes "look in your backyard"

That one was funny. And there was another one that I really liked that was "INTERBANK", featuring Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon about them going to Morocco or something and losing travellers cheques. Anyway some militants from INTERBANK stormed the village and found the guy and burned his hut down along with the huts of his family members.

Will ferrell was like "We don't know how they get things done, we just care that they do. Thanks Interbank". As a guy puts his hand on Molly Shannons shoulder as a pillar of strength, and she gulps in sheer nervousness. lol.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's circa 1988, and it's about a a little orange ball not too dissimilar to a street hockey ball. It's just a damn ball, but it has all these warnings...like do not leave it in sunlight too long... uhh, do not taunt it... it's made up of some undiscovered chemical on the periodic table... it's hilarious. And it had it's own song!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm aware of the commercial and the script. Its just not that funny reading about it.