Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 11:29 AM

Default Michael Moore: Your Friend in Hollywood?

http://www.moorewatch.com/
http://www.moorelies.com/
http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_...ael_moore.html
http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20020403.html

OK. You already know that the above sites lead to a cornucopia of easily-documented (no pun intended) instances of out-and-out fabrication and lies in Our Hero Michael Moore's "documentaries."

How do we feel about this? Or, how SHOULD we feel about this? Michael Moore won no less than an Academy Award for these constructions of his.

Should he have it pried from his "cold dead hands?"

I couldn't resist that last bit.

P.S. Let's not discuss gun control in this thread, should it get up and going.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Michael Moore: Your Friend in Hollywood?

while i disagree with much of his ideas, moore is just what the country needs. he goes out and finds the dirt and exposes it. it makes you think about just what is going on in the world around us. sure he is way left. but many are way right. which side is better if you have to pick a side.
he distorts some thiings for his purposes as all do when making movies and such. whats wrong with championing the rights of the working class. they need a break. the big guys are raping the world and should get their butts thrashed. it is no longer free competition out in the business world and its all about who you pay off. not the way we should have it run.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:21 PM

We already did this. I might be wrong, but I thought the consensus was was that the only "fabrication" in the film was the satirical cartoon history of the U.S. by the South Park guys. It seems that some right-wingers are so dumb they thought it was supposed to be factual.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:51 PM

"We already did this. I might be wrong, but I thought the consensus was was that the only "fabrication" in the film was the satirical cartoon history of the U.S. by the South Park guys."

I don't remember any agreement like that. I guess they really do make WMD's in Littleton.

"It seems that some right-wingers are so dumb they thought it was supposed to be factual."

Is this a statement about the cartoon history or the content of the entire film. Funny I thought documentaries were supposed to be factual. Documentaries are now fictional? Ok.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:44 PM

he's a rush limbaugh of the left.

(for ray zee) - if he really wanted to do good he would follow bigwhigs around and document them having affairs and stuff. hey wait a minute maybe thats how he got backing , er , nevermind
Old 09-26-2003, 02:23 AM

I haven't seen the movie yet, but based on Moore's idiotic display at the Ocars, I would expect that he might exaggerate the truth a bit. I don't care. I'll never accept what Michael Moore says as the gospel truth, but if you put a gun to my head and ask me to pick who's being more truthful, Moore or Bush, I'll pick Moore in a heartbeat. Ditto for Franken or Bush, Jon Stewart or Bush, and Nixon or Bush. Well, maybe not Nixon, but it's close. Get over it. Someone's got to do it. You ought to be thanking your lucky stars that it's someone as unlikable as Michael Moore.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:02 AM

i thought bush was too stupid to to fabricate this much...

odd that you'd phrase it "if someone put a gun to my head..."
Old 09-26-2003, 03:33 AM

"I guess they really do make WMD's in Littleton."

Most of the prior debate focused on David Hardy's website that criticized the film. Hardy's original site included the claim that "After Bowling was released someone checked and found that the Lockheed-Martin plant does not build weapons-type missiles; it makes rockets for launching satellites," making it "the ultimate in beating swords into plowshares."

Hardy has now dropped this claim on his revised website. Although the original site admitted that the "plowshares" were also used for military purposes, including concerning nuclear warfare, Hardy contended, with no evidence at all, that the satellites sent up by the Littleton rockets "spot nukes being launched at the United States." Apparently realizing that he had no basis to assess the top secret nature of these satellites, Hardy dropped the argument.

From Moore's website:

"The Littleton facility has been manufacturing missiles, missile components, and other weapons systems for almost half a century. In the 50s, workers at the Littleton facility constructed the first Titan intercontinental ballistic missile, designed to unleash a nuclear warhead on the Soviet Union; in the mid-80s, they were partially assembling MX missiles, instruments for the minuteman ICBM, a space laser weapon called Zenith Star, and a Star Wars program known as Brilliant Pebbles.

In the full, unedited interview I did with the Lockheed spokesman, he told me that Lockheed started building nuclear missiles in Littleton and 'played a role in the development of Peacekeeper MX Missiles.'

As for what's currently manufactured in Littleton, McCollum told me, 'They (the rockets sitting behind him) carry mainly very large national security satellites, some we can't talk about.'

Since that interview, the Titan IV rockets manufactured in Littleton have been critical to the war effort in both Afghanistan and Iraq. These rockets launched advanced satellites that were 'instrumental in providing command-and-control operations over Iraq...for the rapid targeting of Navy Tomahawk cruise missiles involved in Iraqi strikes and clandestine communications with Special Operations Forces.'"
Old 09-26-2003, 11:50 AM

Moore is a liar and its well documented...he "documentery's are mostly bs..he quoted as saying they are comdies and to be taken seriously belive that was on Larry King..BTW if you belive what he says as truth you have been taken by a ultra left extremist who idea are based on neither fack or turth.

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 09-26-2003, 12:17 PM

its even money he has a concealed carry permit. seriously.