Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 02:31 PM

Default I got flammed by most of the table

Ok I am playing in a 1-5 stud game at the Taj awhile ago and I start with Ace's I call the dollar bring in and on the fourth I get my thrid Ace make a $5 bet and get raised so I reraise and everybody folds except the reraiser who calls. Next street I hit a blank and I bet 5 same thing he raise I reraise he calls...At this point he has in order of streets 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I think he is on a spade drawl? 6th street I make my full house paring my other whole card. He miss a spade so I bet, he raise, I reraise, and he calls...river I miss four of a kind...I bet he reraise, I reraise, he reraise, I reraise, and he reraise(all in)..so I call...he shows 4 9s obiuosly getting the last one on the river since he had no pair showing he started rolled up...now he starts asking me why I raised on the river..I said cause I though you made your flush but I was fulled up and he excliams "well I am an idiot for not having more moeny on the table...and you are dumb for raiseing" I don;t feel like getting into an arguement over some hand...so I just say whatever..and then 3 or 4 other people agree with the guy that I was dumb to reraise on the river..I don;t see how can some explain that to me.

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 09-24-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Re: I got flammed by most of the table

Don't worry.
If you're not going to raise & reraise here with A's full in a low limit game, then better start picking out some nice dresses and check what time the needlepoint classes start.

btw, you might worry about what your little animated gif thingy may mean...

G
Old 09-24-2003, 03:39 PM

I made a post about my avater in Other Topics and none said anything about it

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 09-24-2003, 04:03 PM

You've got to stop playing those crap hands. Your avatar is disturbing and unpleasant.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 PM

It seems to me that you lost an appropriate amount of money on this hand. On the river, you might have stopped one raise earlier, since when you three-bet, you're saying, "no, I really have Aces Full," but I don't fault you for going one more round, especially since the other guy looks like he might be just trying to go all-in. Why do people do that, anyway?

I wouldn't worry too much about what a bunch of $1-5 players have to say about strategy.

I am in the "your avatar is disgusting" camp.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:14 PM

is this one better?

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 09-26-2003, 09:38 AM

That happens at some games. You get a crowd of experts, so good they would never play above 1-5, and they hammer on you for making a perfectly legitimate play. I would have tipped my hat to yo, thanked you for the bets and played on. The grief was unearned. The correct response is to do it again.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:01 AM

Much better. I'll be checking out all your posts from now on.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:09 PM

against a sane player i would stop raising on the river at some point since he HAS to have four nines to keep raising me when i have obviously represented three aces or better, and if i keep raising on the river i am obviously full. against a guy who will keep raising my obvious trips with lower trips, get as many bets in as you can on the river with your full, and just cry the one time in forty he makes quads on you.