Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2003, 01:04 AM

Default 77 in BB -- Pokerstars NLHE tourney

Blinds are 100/200 with 25 ante. I have 2200 in chips (average is 5800).

Three of us take the flop with no raise: one limper and the two blinds. I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Should I have raised?) Pot size is now 800.

FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet 300, limper calls, and SB now raises 300 more. Exactly 2000 in the pot and I have 1675 left. The limper has a bit more than I do, and the SB has lots more.

I push all in.

Comments appreciated.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:20 AM

Default Re: 77 in BB -- Pokerstars NLHE tourney

Risky bet I think, SB may have limped with A3s, 2 over cards to flop or a high pair.... and think nothing of calling you down. [big stack mentality]

If called and your ahead, still many hurdles, any overcard could wreck havoc on ya and send you packing... but that's why it's called gambling. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lucked 7 on turn and river did ya? 8)

[I am guessing you lost, I can recall a few of these type of hands and ACE hits river and kicks all-in'r, would be a typical outcome]

-t

Old 09-21-2003, 08:54 AM

I dont like your move, first it is an unraised pot and you have made a bet of 300 and already got one flat caller and now the blind who has chips makes a minimum raise against two players, it is the sort of raise that is begging for someone to come back over the top, i think you have to swallow here.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like your move, first it is an unraised pot and you have made a bet of 300 and already got one flat caller and now the blind who has chips makes a minimum raise against two players, it is the sort of raise that is begging for someone to come back over the top, i think you have to swallow here.

[/ QUOTE ]
By "swallow", do you mean I should fold? Or call the 300?
Old 09-21-2003, 11:26 AM

I would be folding
Old 09-21-2003, 11:37 AM

If the table has shown any tendency toward "tournament tightness" I think you have to strongly consider a pre-flop raise. You are pretty short stacked and much bigger stacks have made no move on your blinds. That screams weakness, and a raise here could very well take it down.

The alternative is play for the set on the flop, checking your option, as you did. Anything less than a set or top pair to a an outside straight draw is a fold, imo.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:15 PM

Thanks to all who responded.

After I moved in, the limper came over the top for his remaining chips. The SB called. The limper had QQ and the SB had J3o. The turn & river changed nothing, so the SB won, and I busted out.