Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: How Do You Play It?

You're missing the point. Don't worry about what they're thinking when they play horribly. You failed to consider what the turn would be like if/when your flop bet was called. If you want to be a better tourney player, you need to improve your play and thought process. Not figure out what goes on in the minds of donks.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:57 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. Don't worry about what they're thinking when they play horribly. You failed to consider what the turn would be like if/when your flop bet was called. If you want to be a better tourney player, you need to improve your play and thought process. Not figure out what goes on in the minds of donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually crush these guys every weekend, although I can't win them all, nor do I expect to. I've played 7 of the weekly tournaments at Foxwoods, and placed in the money 3 times, including two final tables. No major tournaments played yet though.

How would you play the turn after the flop call? There's 6K in the pot, if I bet between 2-3K, I'm committing most of my remaining stack and making the pot that much larger. If she pushes, I then have to call a few grand to win a pot of 10K+, so I really can't fold with pot odds.

She checked when the Ace hit, there's now two flush draws possible, I don't like giving her a free card. What would you do on that turn?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:04 AM

i suggest you change your game's structure to everyone starts with 120 chips and the blinds start at 1chip 2chip. lugging around >1/2 million chips to achieve the same effect just seems really silly to me.

citanul