Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 06:43 PM

Default GB getting points at home

Now I made a small fortune off the Browns +6 in Lambeau but GB +3.5 in Lambeau, I never thought I would see the day. Now to me this kinda looks like Vegas wants some action on GB so TB might be the pick here but I don't think I can pass up GB + points at home. Does anyone have an opinion on this game?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: GB getting points at home

The Pack has been terrible so far. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I like the Bucs.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:11 PM

3 1/2 aint enough points. The Browns D kept GB in check, what do you think TB's D is going to do? Also, GB couldnt stop Drougns/Dilfer. What is Carnell going to do this week against the GB's run defense?

I dont see how TB doesnt cover.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 1/2 aint enough points...I dont see how TB doesnt cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Own field turnovers, special teams, Cadillac playing like he's still in a boot on Sunday, Griese becoming his old fumbling self? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That said, GB is one stinker of a team.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 1/2 aint enough points...I dont see how TB doesnt cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Own field turnovers, special teams, Cadillac playing like he's still in a boot on Sunday, Griese becoming his old fumbling self? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That said, GB is one stinker of a team.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, and?

GB sucks
Old 09-21-2005, 11:24 PM

Well, Tampa Bay isn't some special team this year just because they beat Minny at Minny and held Buffalo to 3 points in 95 degree heat and humidity.

Anything can happen, comprende? If TB outplays GB in every phase of the game but GB covers because of TB own field turnovers, or special teams, or Griese fumbling the ball, you can't say "Still I made a great call," or "It was the right call." You didn't because this kind of sh*t happens constantly in the NFL and it's what downs "obvious logic" time and time again.

It isn't a totally obvious call, that's all I'm saying. I may even play it myself but small money only.

Ed: Forgot to mention -- in week 1, Cadillac had 26 carries, 77 yards against a pathetic Minny run D until he broke the 70 yarder on a basically meaningless play at the end of the game. His performance was impressive last week but this guy is hardly the second coming at this stage in his career, not to mention he's been wearing a boot for a couple days.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:09 AM

Minnesota's run D is not pathetic.
Kevin & Pat Williams are one of the best DT tandems in the league.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 AM

Actually Minny's D line isn't bad (calling the run D pathetic was probably too strong a characterization) and the D has an improved as a group since 2004, but they were tied for 2nd worst in allowed yards per carry last season. Cadillac averaged 3.0 yds per until the 70 yard run when Minny's D was stacked up near the line to defense against a 1st down.

I stand by my assertion that he's not the 2nd coming right now...good player nonetheless but way too much hype surrounding him, possibly carrying over into the 3.5 line at GB.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Although I would not play this game as there are better situations out there this week, Green Bay is the play here if you feel you must bet this game. They will be very tough as a home dog and given they are 0-2, will be playing this game as if their season hinges on it (in some ways it does as an 0-3 start will really put them in a hole). They definately will not be a team just going thru the motions as they are a team that responds/relates to their home field fans. Green Bay is the play here if you want to bet this game.--Big Al--
Old 09-22-2005, 10:33 AM

Default You\'re kidding, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Anything can happen, comprende? If TB outplays GB in every phase of the game but GB covers because of TB own field turnovers, or special teams, or Griese fumbling the ball, you can't say "Still I made a great call," or "It was the right call." You didn't because this kind of sh*t happens constantly in the NFL and it's what downs "obvious logic" time and time again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, handicapping boils down to SWAG? Isn't your argument the same as saying "Well, your Aces lost to 7-2 offsuit, you never should have raised before the flop"?

Since when did being on the wrong end of a decision make it a bad decision?

You'll have to explain that one further.