Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Default two not-so-normal hands

HAND 1:
I am playing 25cent/50cent no-limit hold em on pokerstars.
first hand I have 58 dollars in front of me.
EP very tight/aggressive player comes in for a raise of 2dollars... he has around 70 dollars in front of him.
I look down and find J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]- J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I decide to only call and not develop such a big pot pre-flop.
The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]- 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]- 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
EP player bets 3 dollars.
I decide to put in a tester raise and see if he really did hit or has an overpair... I raise to 8 dollars.
EP player just calls.
Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
EP player checks and I bet 10 into a 21.50 pot. EP player check-raises me to 20.
With the pot at 51.5 and me only having 38 left and only 28 to raise him... can I possibly steal this pot away from an overpair, if that is what he has? and what do you guys put him on?

HAND 2:
I have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]- Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MP with 78 dollars in front of me and second most at the table. I raise to 2 on a 25cent/50cent table.
MP+1 calls, CO re-raises to 4.70 total all-in., BB calls, I call and MP+1 calls.
FLOP:
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]- 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets 10( only person at the table who has me covered ), I raise to 28 looking to find out if he really has ace king.
He calls.
Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks and I bet 45.3 dollars all-in. I get an immediate call from the BB... what hands do you put him on?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: two not-so-normal hands

Hand 1: The least he can make this turn c/r with is AQ. Also given the stack sizes you can't convince him you have an underfull, and even if you did he may feel adventurous enough to suck out anyway. You lose.

Hand 2: I suspect he had 22, but good luck catching a Q or 9 on the river. Flush draws on paired boards are no good.

The Doc