Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Help me find a good cigar.....

cigars are for closers only
Old 09-03-2005, 07:12 PM

link
Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 PM

I can not say enough good things about the H Upmann vintage cameroons, they are my favorite non-cuban. The guys at cigar shops are always more than willing to help a newb, ask them when you go.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guys at cigar shops are always more than willing to help a newb, ask them when you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a pipe smoker and roll the occasional Bali Shag; but really want to get a good box of cigars as well. Thanks for the links.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 PM

Use a butane lighter or a match. A regular lighter fluid-powered lighter will make the cigar taste like lighter fluid. Wooden matches are better than paper because they burn longer; usually it takes 10-15 seconds to really get a cigar going, and a paper match will just burn your fingers. If you're using a wooden match, let it burn for a second or two before you bring it up to light the cigar; this will burn off the sulfur on the match tip and make the cigar taste better.

One cool trick: if you get a cigar that comes wrapped in one of those thin cedar wrappers, break off a strip of the cedar, light the end with a match, and then light your cigar with that.

As for affordable brands, Arturo Fuente and Macanudo are good, relatively inexpensive ($5-$6 a pop) and you can find them anywhere. Fuentes are better, but Macanudos are milder and appeal to a lot of first-time smokers.

A good "bargain" brand is La Finca (about $3 per). They may be a little stronger than you'd want for your first smoke, though.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:09 AM

link

these are decent cigars at a reasonable price. you can find most brands on this site. usually, cigars with a ring size of around 50 are best, but I have had some arturo fuentes that are smaller and still excellent.

you really just need to try some and see what you like. nothing wrong with cohiba, either.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would not smoke anything by Drew Estate. They're mostly a flavored gimmick brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I like them. I will never be a true cigar aficionado (But then again, I'm only 19, I've got time).
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 AM

Davidoffs are good, especially if your kinda new to the thing. Aromatic and not too strong. Davidoff Nr. 2 is a very good smoke.

Other than that, El ray del mundo are a good brand of cubans, tasty and yet not to strong.

Or, if you want a smoke that's great but carries the tag to go with that, go for Trinidad fundadores or Hoyo Double Corona. Those'll set you back a bit, but will bring you a couple of hours of blissfull joy.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not smoke anything by Drew Estate. They're mostly a flavored gimmick brand.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]
you really think a gimmick cigar line would have a picture of a guy on a sportbike like that on the box? and name them acid?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Carlos Torano review