Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: JJ bubble question

Standard, I do believe. How else might you play this? I hate folding, and I hate calling even more. No other choice. Click that raise button!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to steal or had a hand? Why not call and fire on the Q high flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this. What if he is raising with Q2 here just to be cute. Villain folds to a reraise with far too many hands that are not terrible dogs to your hand too often to smooth call here.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol seems like every response goes one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to Raptor if you're not going to listen to me. At least he "hollas" at the end of every post.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:09 PM

I didnt expect the villain to lay down any hand she raised to be quite honest. Like I said, she was reraising AJ in the first 10 hands. And reraising aq all in against EP raisers. If her hand was worth raising it was worth going all in with. Thats why I like a stop and go more. I could be being results oriented though.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt expect the villain to lay down any hand she raised to be quite honest. Like I said, she was reraising AJ in the first 10 hands. And reraising aq all in against EP raisers. If her hand was worth raising it was worth going all in with. Thats why I like a stop and go more. I could be being results oriented though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you in the SB? If so I love the stop and go here. I had a smilar hand in reverse. I had the Ace King, limped PF, Button raises with pocket queens. I push. And the flop I hit my ace, but villian hits a queen on the river. I've given it a lot of though, and in retrospect stop n go. This gives the aggressor the chance to fold so I don't have to worry about them hitting the cash card on the river.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem with the stop and go is that the fold's correct in most cases when he folds, and the whole point is for him to make an incorrect fold. Then, if we push preflop, we get all the money in with the best hand and a good chance at having a huge stack (i'm not sure of villain's range here, but you're making me suspect that it's pretty broad and includes a lot of over/unders and small PPs). If you call and push the flop, he either calls with all his hands, in which case nothing changes, or he folds missed small pocket pairs and overs, which would be correct as your stack is larger than the pot size at this point, and none of these hands are even 2-1. Since your not forcing any mistakes with this play, it's incorrect based on cEV.

The play may, however, be correct if you factor in ICM because it lowers your chances of busting in fourth with shorty there.

Another interesting play is to call and push any flop without an ace, but I don't know if you can narrow villain's hand enough for that here.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you in the SB? If so I love the stop and go here. I had a smilar hand in reverse. I had the Ace King, limped PF, Button raises with pocket queens. I push. And the flop I hit my ace, but villian hits a queen on the river. I've given it a lot of though, and in retrospect stop n go. This gives the aggressor the chance to fold so I don't have to worry about them hitting the cash card on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... you can't make a play assuming that specific cards will come out.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:03 PM

When I say stop and go I mean call preflop and push any reasonable flop. Im not gonna push if the flop is AKQ. I was also confident that without some sort of bad beat, I was going to beat the villain once we were ITM. She truly was atrocious. Once again maybe Im being results oriented since she turned the K and not flopped it. But most hands miss most flops, thats the beauty of the stop and go. Plus fish are less reluctant to call with 2 to come, than 5.