Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: The Good, The Bad...The Ugly? (8/24)

The only thing different I do is check/call the river. I am not good enough to lay that down if it is correct.

Although probably beat, I have seen villian in this situation with QQ often enough to make it worthwhile.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: good turn fold.
Hand 2: needs a good turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Edit] I wouldn't give up to the turn 3-flush or the turn-A here necessarily, but the combination is pretty convincing.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:48 AM

Hand 1: Standard; well played
Hand 2: Bet fold the turn.

bc
Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 AM

Harv,

Hand 1 looks alright. Hand 2...you're only ahead of CO when the ace of spades falls on the turn if he's just playing like an idiot. So, if you can't fold to the turn raise for whatever reason, then just check/call down. If you think he's capable of raising worse hands then he's not likely checking when checked to. However, I think you can find a fold on that turn.

[ QUOTE ]
If this is a stupid idea & you'd rather I just stopped doing it, let me know that, too--while I'd like to improve my game, I don't want to do it at the expense of pissing a bunch of people off with near-nightly posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're one of the best players and posters on this forum. Post whatever you want. The more the better.

Chief
Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM

#1 Perfect.
#2 My first thought was to put CO on a flush, but the flop cap HU doesn't seem to support that. I'm thinking a set or 2 pair. Bet/call the turn, then check/call the river. If he has a set oh well. If he has 2 pair, you just beat him on the river.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:47 AM

Hand 2 is an easy turn bet/fold. You have not shown any weakness thus far and the ace on the turn doesn't slow down villian at all. Only the biggest maniacs can raise you without the goods.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 PM

MP3 hadnt raised preflop yet but caps PF? Even if he's just doing that with big slick you're behind on the flop. The fold turn UI is fine. Good laydown.

Your memory of CC is TAG. Since he coldcalled PF & caps the flop I smell a set. The turn bet is standard but I fold after the raise. Your 2 outer just doesn't seem worth any more money at that point.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:29 PM

Hand one, I like. Hand two I think that you need to check/call the river. I like the turn bet and I think its doubtful that player has Ace, unless its A8. The fact that an Ace doesn't scare him frightens me though.

As for the general idea of the post, nh blondie. This could prove interesting.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is a stupid idea & you'd rather I just stopped doing it, let me know that, too--while I'd like to improve my game, I don't want to do it at the expense of pissing a bunch of people off with near-nightly posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with the Chief. I always get something out of your posts and will look forward to seeing more of these hands on a regular basis.
bc
Old 08-25-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: So CO cold calls 2-bets and then goes bananas after the flop on a somewhat tame board.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of you guys are missing something important here: CO did not cold call 2 preflop, he posted & called the raise. Much harder to put him on a set here, and if you get to the river I dont see how you can fold, since you just counterfitted 2 pair, although his most likely hand is a flush IMO.

jvs