Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: sincere offer

[ QUOTE ]
RU serious?
At 10/20 short, $60/hr two tabling is about 2 bb/100. You are making 2.2 bb/100 at 3/6, you will get eaten alive at 10/20 and lose this guys stake many times over before you would make $60/hr there.

[/ QUOTE ]

All those things may very well be true(although I don't believe they are). Anyways, I have very valid reasons for choosing the $60 an hour mark. In order for any staking deal to be worthwhile it must be one that allows me to make at least the same amount that I am making now. I estimated my hourly rate and have determined that I make less than $60 an hour multitabling 3/6. However my estimate wasn't a a whole lot less. The reason I choose $60 is because it gives me a little bit of room to come down should negotiations with the OP commence.

I'm very confident in my hourly rate estimate(I have played way more than 55000 hands of short handed 3/6). The deal that I have proposed insures my current earning rate does not suffer. Once an hourly rate is agreed upon the OP and myself can then negotiate how the profits will be divided up(50/50 is just a starting point). Please remember that from my prespective the profits in this deal is the money earned over and above what I earn on my own.

When all is said and done, if the OP and I finally came up with a deal it would be one that would allow me to make just a little bit more than I am making now. To me this does not seem unreasonable.

The reason I decided to make public my proposal is I wanted to back up a point made by another poster. That is it can often be very difficult for a staker and a stakee to come up with a deal both find reasonable. I was hoping the OP was serious about staking people and would engage some public negotiations. It would make for an interesting thread and perhaps an interesting poker experience.

Pinlifter
Old 08-20-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Looking to Fund Solid players

This is definitely the best new gimmick account in quite some time.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] does someone have a 10K monthly nut? Mine is a tenth of that and I could easly cut it down another hundred or two if I stopped boozing it up so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many people with a 10K monthly expense load. There are many people spending twice your monthly nut (or more) on private school education for their children. There are many people spending more than your monthly nut on family vactions, etc.

There are some people with 100K+ monthly expense loads.

If you are truly spending less than 1K/month, and not living at home off M&D dollars, maybe you should re-examine how you are living your life!
Old 08-21-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tangentially: It's probably alot easier to beat the 10/20SH games on Party for 2BB/100 than it is to beat an index fund at investment. For readers who plan to invest heavily in a single, or small number of, stock or a couple of juicy pieces of real estate it's important to realize you're the fish, you're the mark, you're the sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The probability of success in the stock market is much higher than the probability of success in poker.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tangentially: It's probably alot easier to beat the 10/20SH games on Party for 2BB/100 than it is to beat an index fund at investment. For readers who plan to invest heavily in a single, or small number of, stock or a couple of juicy pieces of real estate it's important to realize you're the fish, you're the mark, you're the sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The probability of success in the stock market is much higher than the probability of success in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this true because in the stock market, one relies on the advise of a professional and general market history? dumb luck says in the stock market, one has a good chance of success. dumb luck at the poker tables forecasts a different outcome.

i prefer not having to rely on the advise of a professional who may or may not be correct. and i enjoy creating my own "dumb luck" at the tables.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, our hero doesn't have to make a few bucks on stocks, he has to beat the index for year after year. The chance of doing that is less than the chance of being a successful 10/20SH player. If he just lets the roll of a dice decide which stocks he buys he'll on average make a bit of money, as the stock index on average goes up faster than inflation.

Now, beating the index by a wide margin might mean he gets a 15% yearly ROI. (If he can keep that up he should get a yearly seven figure salary from some Wall Street company...) He has a 50% monthly ROI on his poker playing.

Investing savings in stocks makes alot of sense (although unless you are a Daniel Negreanu of stock investment you should invest in an index fund). Removing funds from your playing roll to invest in stocks never makes sense for a winning player.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Removing funds from your playing roll to invest in stocks never makes sense for a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are willing to remove money from your investments to fund your bankroll on those rare occasions where you run into an especially deep down turn wheres the harm?

People like me keep 500bbs on hand because it makes me feel good. Lately I have been thinking why not keep 300bbs on hand and invest 200bb. If I run into a 200bb downswing I can always put in a sell order.

Pinlifter
Old 08-21-2005, 03:16 PM

Well, the scenario discussed here implied withdrawing so much from your roll that you had to be staked, as the money was locked up for a while in the stocks.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Based on your stats, you would get run over at 5-10 let alone 10-20.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:43 PM

this sounds like a scam or something. cant explain why, it just reeks of something bad