Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: kicker issues with A8

That helps a little bit. A few more things people on this forum will ask before giving you an answer are as follows:
1-How many spots payout?
2-How long is each level?
3-How much longer before the blinds go up?
4-Do you have any other reads on the table?

Im sure theres more but these are just a off the top of my head. I think you got punked, the button was probably trying to steal with his 3x raise pre-flop. After the SB checked I would have bet more on the flop to see where I stand. Im thinking somewhere between 1\2 and 2\3 the pot.

Hope this helps, you need more info to get to get an accurate analysis from one of the Masters on the forum.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: kicker issues with A8

[ QUOTE ]
That helps a little bit. A few more things people on this forum will ask before giving you an answer are as follows:
1-How many spots payout?
2-How long is each level?
3-How much longer before the blinds go up?
4-Do you have any other reads on the table?

Im sure theres more but these are just a off the top of my head. I think you got punked, the button was probably trying to steal with his 3x raise pre-flop. After the SB checked I would have bet more on the flop to see where I stand. Im thinking somewhere between 1\2 and 2\3 the pot.

Hope this helps, you need more info to get to get an accurate analysis from one of the Masters on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember these details for the life of me. I wish I had. But it was only shites n giggles, so I didn't really pay TOO Much close attention. I think this is why I don't do so good at N.L. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The pay out was top three, like 50/30/20
Other reads? SB was experienced and tighter than the majority of the table, not super tight though.
Levels? Blinds went up after a player was elminiated (not my idea - i'd prefer like 15 mins)
Am I folding the best hand here to often? am I good here most of the time??