Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: A Live Hand DeathDonkey Told Me To Post (NC)

I'm the friend of which tehmatt speaks. I can assure you that this dude is one of the stupidest lags I have ever seen.

Here are some examples:

-Like matt said he capped the flop when he only had overcards.
-We taught him how to straddle. He bet out every street BLIND no matter the action on the previous streets. So if someone raised on the flop, he'd call the raise and bet out on the turn.
-He raised PF with the nut low ( 23o ) and bet every street, only to river two pair.

Therefore, tehmatt's play brilliant IMO.

-TheSanch
Old 08-15-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So... what did he have and how much did you donk to him? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok fine. I was feeling a bit frisky at the time. After he insta-six bet me, I insta-seven bet him, to which he responded "eight." So at this point, I'm pissed. I say "nine." He says "all-in." I insta-call.

After I did this I just thought to myself "what the hell are you doing? It's only a pair." I had about 1 minute or so to think about how dumb I was while the dealer matched off my chips with his. I must say though, the only reason I called his all-in and not a 10 bet is because of how annoyed he looked when I 5-bet him. People with the nuts don't look annoyed when you 5-bet them heads up. It was suspenseful, too (we hadn't turned over our cards). When it finally comes time to do it, he tables...... 77?!?!?! What the hell. Anyway, the turn came an 8 and the river was a J. MHIG and I scoop a monster pot. Some old dude at the table gave me a nasty look like "stupid WPT kids." The rest of the table has no idea what just happened, and the maniac is absolutely steaming. He then proceeds to do what any idiot maniac would do after something like this happened to him and goes to the ATM to reload.

As thesanch already pointed out, he proceeded to straddle my blinds for the rest of the night. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up any hands worth playing nevermind three betting. The primary reason I posted this whole schpiel is because situations like this in live games are important. If you are against an idiot maniac, and you can get it all in with what is almost certainly the best of it, you are missing out on a lot of profit by not doing it. It's a high variance play, but hey, so is playing against a maniac.

Also, me and DeathDonkey just wanted to prove how nitty microers are. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 12:25 PM

I'm the king of the nits.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"stupid WPT kids."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"stupid WPT kids."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nit.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Awesome. You should've pulled a Mattias Anderson at the river and gone "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H!"
Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Love it. I woulda played it the same as you, except on one of the bets I would have appended, "bitch".
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. You should've pulled a Mattias Anderson at the river and gone "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H!"

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking about using my cell phone to pull a Bill Filmaff and call Mary Kate and Ashley Olson. I would, of course, follow this up with a backsplash onto the table.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Love it. I woulda played it the same as you, except on one of the bets I would have appended, "bitch".

[/ QUOTE ]
I generally make it a point to not be rude during live play. It's -EV to be rude to an ATM. However, I must admit, saying "make it 9, bitch" sounds sort of cool.