Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: WTF does this mean?

[ QUOTE ]
you can't lay down QQ? then you suck too anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just go ahead and refrain from posting ever again.

OP, he hasn't played a hand yet. And now he's pushing after a raise. If I'm him, my most likely hand is JJ/TT/AK. I don't think folding is terrible because you really don't have a read on the guy, but you can't go wrong with calling here.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the responses. I had a horrible feeling I could be up against AA, but I suck too much to lay down QQ preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So I called and he actually turned over KK, and I immediately felt like a complete idiot for falling into such an "obvious" trap.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOLD
my read on the play is that villain has AA or maybe KK.
if he has anything else he would be bluffing, but where is your read that says he might be bluffing.
I am getting a read on you that you posted this hand because you didn't want to fold QQ because people do stupid stuff although you put him on AA and KK.
you needed reassurance on your read.
Your read is very correct so... FOLD~~~ LET GO OF YOUR hand.
these fishes suck doesn't mean much to me.

it would be a different story if he doubled up before with 55 vs AK. then you would call. ( you might have a reason to believe he is just bluffing.)

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY
Old 08-14-2005, 03:30 PM

I think you guys can't drop KK out of his range of hands. I seriously doubt it's AA, but assuming his g/f didn't just show up, he's probly got 1010-KK or AK, maybe AQ. Still an obvious correct call if equity is your only consideration. I don't mind folding here with the argument that you can wait for a better spot, but I'm calling.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably looking at complete junk or a hand like AK. With the deeper stacks I think folding is the best option in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't that kind of self-contradicting? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Okay, okay, I know.. You want to pass up SMALL edges. But this looks like a very significant edge to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the cards turned face up, I wouldn't call if he showed Ax. This differs a lot from what I'd do in a PP tourney with the absurdely shallow stacks and fast structure, or from what I'd do in an MTT.

The payout structure associated with the blind structure make this a fold in my book. Doubling up here gives you a healthy stack, but by no means guarantees you a spot ITM. The risk/reward ratio is just not worth it, even knowing that I'm a favorite to win the hand.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOLD
my read on the play is that villain has AA or maybe KK.
if he has anything else he would be bluffing, but where is your read that says he might be bluffing.
I am getting a read on you that you posted this hand because you didn't want to fold QQ because people do stupid stuff although you put him on AA and KK.
you needed reassurance on your read.
Your read is very correct so... FOLD~~~ LET GO OF YOUR hand.
these fishes suck doesn't mean much to me.

it would be a different story if he doubled up before with 55 vs AK. then you would call. ( you might have a reason to believe he is just bluffing.)

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's your party screen name?
Old 08-14-2005, 04:51 PM

How had the table been playing? If there had been a lot of raising in the first 10 hands I might be concerned that he was limping a monster. However, if the table had very little action and was playing very tight it would make this an instacall for me. Otherwise it's a twosecondacall [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 08-14-2005, 04:58 PM

call every time & be happy you did
Old 08-14-2005, 05:21 PM

That's such a ridiculous way to play KK...I guess that's why it worked this time.

I've seen so many people blow their load like that, pick up 45 in blinds and show their cards like they did something well.

That's tough luck. Just remember his name for next time.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't look scary to me. Big pockets usually like minireraising. In the party sit'n'gos I play it's an easy all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]