Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: well I got arrested

[ QUOTE ]
And I am not a cop hater either. I am very grateful we have them around, but they're still huge assholes. Their attitudes are terrible 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually talked to the cop about this and asked him directly. He said that yes cops have a negative attitude him included and it bothers him alot. He said they dont start out like that but that dealing with the people they do and the stress that the job puts on him and his family causes it.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-05-2005, 02:33 PM

Hey [censored], were you wearing a shirt? Because, you know, on 'Cops', so many of the guys who get busted aren't wearing one.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd prefer to be thrown in jail unlawfully than to give up my personal freedoms, even just once.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a property owner, I'm glad that the police are willing to investigate suspicious activities that may cause harm to my property. Due to their diligence, we have yet to need to install a machine gun nest on our roof.

As a human being, I'm glad that the police are willing to stop people wandering around neighborhoods at 2am. I have to imagine that a non-trivial amount of the time, said late walkers are in need of some sort of assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT ITS THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT NOT TO BE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION!!! WHY CAN'T ANYBODY SEE HOW THIS IS CLEARLY HARASSMENT AND A VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS????

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my constitutional right not to have to answer the question and to walk away. I cannot stop someone from asking me the question. It's when there's the threat of arrest that comes with not answering the question (or not answering the question properly) that my rights are violated.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey [censored], were you wearing a shirt? Because, you know, on 'Cops', so many of the guys who get busted aren't wearing one.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and the back of the squad car had a role bar thing similar to the ones found in roller coaster cars so I was unable to kick out the interior divider or any windows.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Once again, if someone can tell me precisely what right is being infringed upon here, I'd be more than happy to listen to it. Whether or not you're a "cop hater"...of all the things to get worked up about, this certainly seems far beyond trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a little pissed off at the time by the cop's attitude, but I didn't get worked up about it. I'd actually forgotten all about it until this thread jogged my memory.

What I *do* get worked up about is people that don't understand that it was my right to walk away and to not answer the cop's questions. The cop let me go, despite trying to intimidate me into complying with his demands. However, it seems that a certain percentage of posters on here feel that I was totally in the wrong for walking away and/or should have been forced to answer.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Yes. It is not their place to serve as peacekeepers, to evaluate the law, to evaluate your potential guilt or innocence, or anything else but to arrest people and let the court system deal with it. Getting arrested is surprisingly easy.

Your best advice is to not talk to them UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I'm not faulting police officers either, they are just doing their job. The only fault I see of this system is that the public has been fooled to believe otherwise. This is dangerous at times.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Once again, if someone can tell me precisely what right is being infringed upon here, I'd be more than happy to listen to it. Whether or not you're a "cop hater"...of all the things to get worked up about, this certainly seems far beyond trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a little pissed off at the time by the cop's attitude, but I didn't get worked up about it. I'd actually forgotten all about it until this thread jogged my memory.

What I *do* get worked up about is people that don't understand that it was my right to walk away and to not answer the cop's questions. The cop let me go, despite trying to intimidate me into complying with his demands. However, it seems that a certain percentage of posters on here feel that I was totally in the wrong for walking away and/or should have been forced to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think you should be forced to answer either. But isn't it ridiculously easy to not be all defensive all the time and just say, hey, I'm going home?

No officer I've ever dealt with (and I've dealt with many through a friend) would have a problem with that, as far as I can tell. Maybe I just live in a good city?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: about being stopped

[ QUOTE ]

It is usually a common thing that people hate cops. I being one of them. I think one thing i hear alot is they are so unedecuated and such little punks. My grand solution you can not be a cop till you are 24 and you have to have a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in something.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most places in Canada, cops are well paid, get full benefits, and a great pension. It is considered to be a good job to have. For that reason, it is very hard to get accepted onto the police force. Generally you need a College degree (in law enforcement) at the bare mimimum, but it really helps to have a University degree in Criminology.

That's not to say that bad cops don't sneak through the cracks here, but "lack of education" is generally not the cause.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd prefer to be thrown in jail unlawfully than to give up my personal freedoms, even just once.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a property owner, I'm glad that the police are willing to investigate suspicious activities that may cause harm to my property. Due to their diligence, we have yet to need to install a machine gun nest on our roof.

As a human being, I'm glad that the police are willing to stop people wandering around neighborhoods at 2am. I have to imagine that a non-trivial amount of the time, said late walkers are in need of some sort of assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT ITS THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT NOT TO BE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION!!! WHY CAN'T ANYBODY SEE HOW THIS IS CLEARLY HARASSMENT AND A VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS????

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge you can scream it all day long but there are some people that you just can't convince. I remember in my constitutional law class i would get so pissed because some girl would be like "whats wrong with them stopping people and asking where they are going, if they did nothing wrong they wouldn't mind" They just don't get it and never will. I used to argue all day long with simple minds i would get mad and now i realize they are just stupid and they deserve what they get...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is clearly broken...