Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Big Suited Broadway in multi-way raised pot

Hmmm... you have a lot more equity than I first thought. Raising could be ok actually.

A note though, the pot size really doesn't matter when you are choosing between calling and raising in this spot. Obviously you aren't folding so pot odds has nothing to do with it. If you want to raise for value than you just have to have more than your share of equity against your opponents, and it is pretty close. Adding the free card possibility and maybe a raise is a pretty good idea. Let me know if I missed something here.

As for the hand range, I had 77+,A9s+,KTs+,ATo+,KJo+ preflop since you said he was fairly loose and aggressive. 77-TT are still possible though 99-TT are unlikely. He could slowplay though so not impossible. We can probably get rid of the broadways with a ten. So something like TT-77,AJs+,A9s,KJs+,AJo+,KJo+. Overcards is the most likely holding for sure, there are just a few more hands out there.

Edit: Also I do not have wisdom. So question away.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

Rest of the hand pretty much plays itself:

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Flop
4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
13bbs in main pot 2bbs in side pot

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
Villian Bets, call, fold, I call
13bbs in main pot, 5bbs in side pot

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian Bets, call, I raise, Villian 3 bets, fold, I cap, Villian Calls.

13bbs in side pot 14bbs in side pot

Villian had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
All-In SB had 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

After the hand was over, he went on his "you are pathetic" rant, etc., etc.

Thanks for the feedback on the preflop and flop play - the last two streets were pretty straight forward, but I have been going over the preflop and flop play to figure out if it was too lagiliscious. Even if I coldcall preflop, I am calling a single bet on the flop. The question is - if I don't 3-bet preflop, does Villian raise his AQ against the SB flop bet in an effort to clean up outs and force gut shots to call 2 cold - if everyone folds to me, I am looking at 17-2 with some implied odds on the back end - but it is a much tougher decision.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 PM

but jake,

its not about folding any hands out to clean up any king or jack outs. We have two overs(which are pretty tainted, so that'd be 2 outs) a bd flush 1.5, and a nut gutshot(4 outs), so with the hero getting a bajillion-1 I think a flop raise is more for value then anything else