Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Wall of Fame or Wall of Shame for July

Post a graph of your stat. I'll start with mine.

Probably would have been a better month were in not for the 200BB downstreak.

Pinlifter

p.s.
you can host your images at imageshack.us If you want to see more graphs bump this thread so it doesn't get pushed off into oblivion.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Wall of Fame or Wall of Shame for July

Where do I get the new version of this graphing program?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:44 AM

I believe the graphing program is abandonware. Seems to work well enough though.

http://www.pokergrapher.com/appfiles...nstallv135.exe

pinlifter
Old 08-01-2005, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably would have been a better month were in not for the 200BB downstreak.

[/ QUOTE ]

PROBABLY? You need to brush up on your math.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PROBABLY? You need to brush up on your math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its possible I could have had no 200bb losing streak and instead had 5 additional 50bb losing sreaks. Although my math could use some brushing up, I stand by the use of the word "Probably" because we are dealing with probabilities.

Pinlifter
Old 08-01-2005, 08:40 AM

If I took out all my bad losing streaks I think I would "definitely" have more BR... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[pedant mode: ON]

Probability applies to the likelihood of future events occurring or the possible causes of past events. The graph/result of your past results is fixed with a probabilty of 1, it is pointless to discuss in terms of what might have been. There is no other graph that exists for your results for this period of time - unless you co-habit in different space-time than the rest of us...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You would be correct to say something like "If I had played my AK hands a little more aggressively it is probable my downswing would have been less".

[pedant mode: OFF]

However, you should be congratulated on playing a stonking number of hands. Do you normally play 40K hands in a month? That is a lot, I do well to reach 20K.

PS
Apologies if you were offended, my reply was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

I admit to having a particular bugbear regarding probability and the seemingly endless capacity of these forums to utterly misunderstand its application, much like the inappropriate use of the word "ironic". But never mind, I will get over it.

PPS
Can you explain your thread header? There is not fame or shame in this graph. You won a lot, you don't have a particularly spectacular WR. Where is the fame or shame? "Wall of Death" might be better (referring to the 200 BB downer).
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 AM

The losing is 5/10 6max...the winning is 2/4.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 AM

That little graphing program has contributed to a significant performance boost in my play. I often look at it when I play....especially if things are going bad. It helps me to remember that I have been through down swings before and although the downswing can last several thousand hands it always ends with me rising to a higher point than where I was before. It keeps me from thinking that I am a better player than actually am or helps me remember that I am not as horrible a player as the cards might dictate at that particular moment. It helps me put into prespective what variance actually means in this game better than any post or book I have ever read.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your thread header? There is not fame or shame in this graph. You won a lot, you don't have a particularly spectacular WR. Where is the fame or shame? "Wall of Death" might be better (referring to the 200 BB downer).

[/ QUOTE ]

The purpose of this thread is so other can post their graphs. I named it wall of fame or wall of shame so that people will post both good graphs or bad. I'm sure there are plenty of both and I can see some value in studying both types of graphs.

I know my winrate isn't spectacular, but I am proud of it anyways.

[ QUOTE ]
However, you should be congratulated on playing a stonking number of hands. Do you normally play 40K hands in a month? That is a lot, I do well to reach 20K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided I wanted to work less at my real job(becuase they want us to work 80+ hours a week) so I manuevered myself into a postion where I work about 33-35 hours a week. The downside of that position is it is the lowest paying job in my craft(I am a trainman). However, it does allow me to play some poker while I am at work. To make up in lost pay at my real job, I have to earn more playing poker(otherwise my wife will stop sleeping with me). That means putting in lots of hours. When all things are considered my overall quality of life and overall income are trending up.

Pinlifter
Old 08-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Looks like an 850BB winning streak the last 3 or 4 days. Phenominal!

Pinlifter
Old 08-02-2005, 10:50 PM

Good thing the month ended well...

-d