Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Notes & numbers

I was working my database on a different project, which is now in the sh.itcan, but I did end up with a desk full of post-it notes with numbers on them, which will soon be cat toys.

I have 3800 players in my Party notes, 1600 added during the last 60 days. When at V-II I met someone with 11,000 players in their Party database. All I can say to that is....DAMN. I don't use PokerTracker or the like, but I'm not against them, I think they are a great idea, but I've used my system for so long that I can't change. I use a StarOffice database, but after some posters here were describing how Party's notes function works I now convert my notes to Party's format once a week and use that inconjuntion with my database.

About 50% of my notes are a username and nothing more. I would rather not have anything written than base a decision on bad info. About 36% are good notes with a rating also(1-9, best to worst). The remaining 10-15% have some notes, but no rating yet.

The 1400 with ratings represent a bell-shaped curve of my opinion of these player's skill levels.

Grp................% Group description

1...................<1 The god-like Jellyfishes of the net world
2.....................1 +2 BB/hr and more
3...................11 +1 BB/hr
4...................21 Break-even to 1 BB/hr S&M solid preflop
5...................31 Small to moderate losers. Have leaks will travel
6...................24 Never read a poker book and it shows
7.....................8 Loves WPT and models their play after it
8.....................2 They stole someone's CC(Dad's)
9...................<1 Party's wait list server can't take the load on their games.

After my rating field is a description of their playing style. Tight-loose and how aggressive they are, passive-very ag. The next fields are for any playing quirks I notice. My personal favorite: Never folds pocket pair preflop even for cap.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-21-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Notes & numbers

My personal favorite: Never folds pocket pair preflop even for cap.

The problem with these type of comments is that these
players are far too common and they don't last long.

I prefer to save these precious keystrokes for
comments on tougher opp's, such as: "Capable of
laying down for a single raise on flop", or "Exhibits
check-raise tell on flop."

About 6 months ago I added about 5 super fish to
my buddy list on party. No surprise I havent seen
them around in about 5 months.

1...................<1 The god-like Jellyfishes of the net world
Jellyfish uses pokertracker. It's never too late.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:00 PM

I like the buddy list idea for keeping track of your "buddies", but the thing is whenever I play I can never find my buddies. Maybe they are on a waitlist or just logged in but not playing? I only put really loose-passive or loose-aggressive calling stations on my list, and when I see someone on there online, I find them maybe less than 10% of the time.

- Tony
Old 07-21-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Buddy Lists

Ultimate Bet actually have an IM-style program called, originally, 'Ultimate Buddy' that notifies you when selected players are seated in a game.

You can make up your own Phil Hellmuth jokes... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

V.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:44 PM

The super fish always get eaten and disappear. Always, no exceptions.

I've download the trail version of PokerTracker a couple of times. The comments here about finding holes in YOUR own game really hook me, but the day-to-day playing I like my simple system and find it hard to think of giving it up. But I respect your advice Creampuff, so I might just save a few thousand HH's and buy it and see how I like it. Question how do you keep track to order 100 HH blocks without missing any?

MS Sunshine
Old 07-21-2003, 10:30 PM

when I see someone on there online, I find them maybe less than 10% of the time

i hated this feature enough to make several posts against it. however, now that you guys have to sort through 11,000+ players when using it at EmParty Poker, i now get a perverse pleasure from it.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:38 PM

Hi MS..

It's a manual process right now, a pain no doubt. In version 2, there will be an auto-request feature that you can configure to request your hands so you don't have to remember (v2 due out early Aug).

Also, the current version and v2 have the ability to import and export notes. So after you are done playing you can import your notes taken during play into PT and then while going over your stats you can make more comments on players and export them so they appear next time you play.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:17 AM

Also, the current version and v2 have the ability to import and export notes. So after you are done playing you can import your notes taken during play into PT and then while going over your stats you can make more comments on players and export them so they appear next time you play.

Didn't know it did that. Excellent feature.

The only reason I don't use Poker Tracker is I can't get the money to you. Unverifiable Neteller account - No Paypal or US CC, Yadda Yadda.
I mainly play at UB but still think it's worth every penny (from using the trial version).
Old 07-22-2003, 01:24 AM

Easiest way to keep track of hands to retrieve is to have your stats bar open and reset every hundred hands after you request them.

Tuco.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:29 AM

Maybe if Pat has a UB account you could inter account transfer him the $25? Just a thought.