Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP Day 4: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

Damn, that's crazy. Fossilman is the real deal. That's like, a good title for his book.

"Fossilman's Tournament Strategy Book: [censored] with his daughter and you're dead."

I can see a whole market for this.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:44 PM

JC Tran Eliminated
Log:

With the board showing 9-7-6, JC Tran and Oskar Silow are all-in. Tran holds 5-5, while Silow has Q-Q. The turn are river are a 3 and 9, respectively, and Tran is eliminated by Silow.

[ QUOTE ]
This is what Pauly at Tao of Poker wrote:

4:17pm... Fossilman jawed with a railbird who was pestering his wife about their kids, "If you [censored] with my daughter, you're dead." That guy was being a total idiot and I was about to call security to clear him out when the guy bolted.

[/ QUOTE ]

there has to be a bit more to it. anyone see the whole thing unfold?

rj

[ QUOTE ]
4:17pm... Fossilman jawed with a railbird who was pestering his wife about their kids, "If you [censored] with my daughter, you're dead." That guy was being a total idiot and I was about to call security to clear him out when the guy bolted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Shooter McGavin hire him?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is what Pauly at Tao of Poker wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]

there has to be a bit more to it. anyone see the whole thing unfold?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the guy had to be pretty creepy to result in a comment like that.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Shooter McGavin hire him?

[/ QUOTE ]
Jackass!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Boyd eliminated

[ QUOTE ]
Well, he gets 5-1 odds to flop an ace, but the odds of flopping an ace are right around 5-1, so that's about an even-money proposition right there.

Beyond that, you are right that Greg sometimes gets a monster flop without an ace (TT or KQJ) but you forgot the much larger chance that Greg will sometimes call when he's behind, such as a T-high flop. The implied odds go in both directions.

Finally, if Greg is going to call 50k here just in hopes of flopping an ace, he had better be awfully certain that AK is not in his opponent's range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about Greg's decision to call, we're talking about the size of KK's reraise. There's a distinction there. He's the one who knows he has KK and hates an ace. He also doesn't know what Raymer has and is out of position.

I happen think calling with AT there is a bad play for most players, even with those odds, for the reason you state, but I'll give the champ the benefit of the doubt that he can use his position and read to make it profitable. The point I'm making is about the spot KK gets himself in. Raymer could have anything as far as he's concerned. AT is actually about the worst hand for implied odds he could possibly have in this spot and it is still a marginal calling hand.

Think of it this way - vs. Raymer's range, KK has no business giving 12-1 implied odds on the aceless flophe certainly will push. Not to mention that he almost always gives up on an ace-high flop whether Greg has an ace or not.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Family Guy

A guy from the crowd was asking Raymer's wife about his daughter... Mrs Raymer informed the Fossilman who got a tad irrate and threatened to kill the man if he went near his family! It took a good few minutes for him to compose himself and get back to the game. (allegedly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Matasow's stooping to a new low....
Old 07-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Well, give me some hands. AT may be a bad hand for implied odds, because you mostly have to flop an ace to win, but it seems like an excellent hand to have against KK overall.

I don't think the odds are 12-1, I think they're more like 8-1, aren't they? How many hands without an ace are really 8-1 to be ahead of KK on the flop?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:55 PM

I think there must be more to the story than this. He must have had a gun, a partner, and planning to rob Greg in his hotel room after he wins the ME.