Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Moving on up limits

This is my first post on here, but I'm in a similar situation. I've been winning solidly at .50/1, and am thinking of moving up to $1/2. If you're playing at Crypto sites, check out the .50/1 Pound tables. It's almost $1/2, and I think it's easier to beat than $.50/1. My winrate is real solid at the GBP tables, and it's a little easier psychologically because you're still seeing .50/1 chips moving around.

One bummer is all the Cryptos changed their bonus rules so that you have to play at $1/2 or higher....lame.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:45 PM

At times on the cryptos there will be one player at the whole table that isn't a 2+2 bonus whore.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 PM

Are you comfortable on tight .5/1 tables and whats your PFR%? 1/2 plays much tighter and I find aggression is rewarded there.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:01 AM

Am about 22-24% VIP, which is probably still high, but even at this and, and a couple wayward of calls / raises, you can still make money at the lower limits. The bigger difference between this level and $1/$2 is that you don't get so many people paying you off at the end.

I do think though that the Cryptos are harder thn most just due to the bonus hunters, so maybe another site would be more profitable.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 AM

I think you are right about the bonus whores, and I will probably take your advice about trying party.

I'm not getting killed at the $1/$2, in fact with the hourly bounuses etc, I probably make money, it's just a bit of a downer looking at your results, and seeing green down all your games, only to see that you are leaking $ at the $1/$2 tables.

No risk / no gain as they say. So will probably start mixing in a couple of $1/$2 tables into the mix.