Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 09:41 PM

Default call this all in ?? (party 20+2)

i would appreciate some opinions on this hand. thanks in advance.

5 handed, blinds 75-150. if i call i am the commanding chip extractinator, if i lose i'm still in contention.

***** Hand History for Game 2338028508 *****
NL Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:13796560 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Saturday, July 09, 21:30:06 EDT 2005
Table Table 13850 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: FastAlan ( $1570 )
Seat 4: sandmagic ( $1440 )
Seat 6: OneMachine ( $1360 )
Seat 8: suisideking2 ( $1185 )
Seat 9: unreal_nh ( $2445 )
Trny:13796560 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to unreal_nh [ Tc Td ]
suisideking2 is all-In [1185]
>You have options at Table 14521 Table!.
>You have options at Table 13945 Table!.
unreal_nh folds.
FastAlan folds.
sandmagic folds.
OneMachine folds.
suisideking2 does not show cards.
suisideking2 wins 1410 chips
Old 07-09-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: call this all in ?? (party 20+2)

There is just about no way that I'm not moving in here. You are getting over 7:6 on the push and that is enough even if he turned AK face up. The time to fold is when you will bust if you lose and when you aren't on the short stack (and pretty far away from it). In your spot, you only need to be a slight favorite to gamble it up (and with the blind money in there you have the overlay you need). You figure to have the pusher beat with TT so get the chips in there.

Brad
Old 07-09-2005, 09:54 PM

What, if any, reads do you have?

Without reads I call this. You're in one of three situations, either way ahead of a lower pp, in a race situation where you are ahead, or behind a monster.

If he had a monster, most players are going to miniraise to two or three bb. I know that I'm not going to push UTG when the BB is only 150 with JJ or better.

I think this is the perfect time to peel off a call. I think you are probably ahead, and if you win, you have a great shot to take it home. IMO, this is what posters are talking about when they say "play for the win".

Finally, people get crazy UTG. They know the blinds are about to roll through again and they do some crazy crap.

CALL.

Sigma
Old 07-09-2005, 09:59 PM

I may call here but I do think it's close. What range of hands do you have on UTG? I don't think AA or KK is real likely. It's most likely a coin flip but if you inlcude hands such as A9, A8, pp's lower than 10's etc than you are way ahead of his full range. That being said, you are the next to act and have to worry about someone else picking up a hand behind you. But since winning will give you a very nice stack to use on the bubble and increase your chances of winning and you are not crippled by losing, I would tend to make the call.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:14 AM

I agree with the previous replies. I think you have too much of a hand to fold here. UTG is getting short on chips and I would put him on a wide range of hands. Without a read, I would guess something like 22+, A7+, KJ+ for a typical 22 player. Against this range, you have about 62% equity, and you are getting better than 7:6 on a call. Add to this the fact that you will have a dominating stack on the bubble if you win, and a very playable stack even if you lose, and you have a clear push.

Against a player who has been noticibly tight I would probably fold, however.