Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: hows this play.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've pushed preflop. Raising to 100 is bad, and raising to 200 is worse. Remember, you only have 540.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? In level 3 with that many players left?

This seems really reckless. I don't like it.

I limp/fold this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 9 players left, I'm more inclined to push here. This isn't shaping up as a tournament where it is going to be easy for the hero to make the money. He has the 9th biggest stack and will soon have only 5xBB, so I think some aggressiveness is in order.

We have a reasonable amount of FE right now, but that's not going to last much longer. I like to push now while it still hurts my opponents to call.

QJs plays pretty well against the range of hands that a 10/1 player might limp/call with. If you get called, you are likely 40-50% to double up. At some point, you are going to have to get lucky, and this seems like as good a time as any.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks phil, i clearly believe pushing here is the best choice. 90% of the time i feel that open limper will fold and the blinds and limp will increase my chip stack by over 20%. im not sure if i do want to get called because i have a lot of FE to use up..

TOW7
Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 PM

That open limp screams weakness, and I think a push will win the pot 70-80% of the time, which makes pushing an ok play. The limper/ blinds are only going to call you with a hand that beating you though...so I can see where folding PF is reasonable too.

I don't think the flop push is all that bad, cause are you going to fold if the limper bets out? probably not. What is betting like 100 really going to accomplish? Plus you need to protect your hand when he doesn't bet, so you don't give him free cards to make a better hand (like drawing to an ace).
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM

Im thinking push pre-flop.

Your the shorty stack and its still early so you cant sit back and let the game come to you as easy as you could if you had a bigger stack.

Your up against 1 limper and you have position. You need to represent strenght here and push while you still have some fold equity. You dont want a weaker hand than yours getting lucky. Another benefit of pushing is you might be able to force out hands like Ax, Kj-K10, and some weak pocket pairs, all of which have the potential to beat you.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:48 PM

fold preflop
Old 07-06-2005, 03:03 PM

I would fold preflop. You still have plenty of hands to see and eventually push with.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:19 PM

Fold PF