Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Jazz trade up to the third pick

sorry, i thought you were talking about why utah went up. i don't see too much loss for portland dropping 3 spots, 2 pgs go so only charolette to worry about.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they weren't worried about portland

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about Utah, I think. I was responding to goofball, who I thought was upset at Portland's front office for making this move.

I agree that the Jazz'll take Williams or Paul. I was simply saying to goofball that the Blazers are quite likely to get the same guy they wanted at 3 at 6, with two extra first rounders thrown in.

-McGee
Old 06-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Seems like a pretty good deal for both sides. Utah desperately needs a point guard, and the best bets are Paul and Williams, while as you said, Portland may get the guy they wanted anyways.

On another note, rumors here in Salt Lake were circulating about another deal with Portland involving Randolf and Boozer.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, rumors here in Salt Lake were circulating about another deal with Portland involving Randolf and Boozer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was an interesting rumor. It would give the Jazz the better player and the higher pick, but it would also give them the bigger head case and more expensive contract.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a pretty good deal for both sides

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as Utah is right about Deron Williams, then I agree.

-McGee
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM

if they could trade randolph, even if they were able to get a minor league baseball player (and rid of his salary) i would take back a lot of the things i've said about the blazers front office.

#27 picks are almost always useless. So we're banking that utah will suck again next year and we'll get a good pick (usually they have provisions that exclude lottery picks though) Otherwise we're just trading #3 for #6.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you think this trade favors the Jazz?

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as i can tell, every trade made by the blazers for the last 5 years has favored the other team.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they could trade randolph, even if they were able to get a minor league baseball player (and rid of his salary) i would take back a lot of the things i've said about the blazers front office.

#27 picks are almost always useless. So we're banking that utah will suck again next year and we'll get a good pick (usually they have provisions that exclude lottery picks though) Otherwise we're just trading #3 for #6.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Detroit's 2006 pick...so good luck hoping they suck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#27 picks are almost always useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

2004: Beno Udrih was taken 28, and Anderson Varejao, Chris Duhon, Trevor Ariza, and Justin Reed were all taken in the second. Jury is still out on Varejao, Ariza, and Reed (both have shown promise in limited playing time) while Udrih in his first year proved a capable backup to Parker, and Duhon was huge for the Bulls.

2003: Kendrick Perkins, Boston's likely starting center next year, was taken 27th. Leandrinho Barbosa was 28th, and Josh Howard 29th. Luke Walton, Willie Green, Keith Bogans, Kyle Korver, Mo Williams, and James Jones were all taken in the second round.

2002: A rough year. But Carlos Boozer was taken in the second round.

2001: Jamaal Tinsley was 27, Tony Parker was 28. The second round included Trenton Hassell, Gilbert Arenas, Earl Watkins, and Bobby Simmons.

2000: Primoz Brzec went 27. Marko Jaric, Eduardo Najera, Michael Redd and Brian Cardinal all went in the second round.

The point is, there is talent to be had there almost every year. This year is one of the deepest drafts in history. The Blazers are still going to get the guy they were planning on taking, and they get two extra picks. What's the problem?

-McGee
Old 06-28-2005, 04:40 PM

This is possibly the deepest draft in history. Guarantee we get some great players in the second round.