Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Re: phil ivey just saying \"fug it\" to the wsop prelim events

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in a sense, i don't blame him. i'm sure cash games for him, as with most successful cash players, is steady money. Chau Giang, i think it was at the WPT Tunica event, said that he wins or loses $200,000 to $300,000 a night. let's take winning $300,000 in several hours in the $4K/$8K. in this year's $10K ME, he would have to play for several days and make it to possibly the last 2 or 3 tables out of thousands of players to win that kind of money. that's not to say all the $4K/$8K regulars won't be in the $10K ME but it can certainly shed some light on their mentality toward these lower buy-in 2 day events.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few months ago, it was stated by someone in the know that at most, the big names have a win rate of less than 1 BB/hr in the big game. Maybe this changes during the World Series, more fish perhaps, but in any case, you need to redo your analysis based on this figure, not $300K in a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if this has been mentioned, the game is a rotation game with rounds of Pot Limit Omaha, NL 2-7 single draw, and NL Hold'em. From what I've read the unstructred rounds have a $75,000 per player 'cap', so the 'most' a player could lose is $75,000 on that hand.

4-5 hands loser in one of those rounds ought to add up to around 300K I'd guess.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: phil ivey just saying \"fug it\" to the wsop prelim events

It's a 100,000 cap. Can someone link williams blog?