Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Overplayed AJ with A44 flop?

I had a somewhat similar hand a while ago. I call down after the turn bet - you are losing of splitting here the vast majority of the time. Pf and flop look fine to me.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:20 PM

I think that the CO/poster has an Ace, not a 4. Unless he has exactly A4. There aren't many hands with a 4 in them I'd call a raise with when posting, when there's only one limper before the raiser (and the button/blinds left to act). Maybe I'm a dope, though.

The turn raise seems to me like "You didn't hit your flush, and my Ace is good" (although it's possible he has A7 and knows his two pair beats yours). The river raise feels like "Maybe I can get this donk to fold a split".

I'd check/call the river for the split after calling the turn.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:04 AM

FWIW, CO had just sat down at this table and must have thought there would be a bunch of callers, or perhaps he wasnt thinking at all. In any case, donk face showed 6c4c.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, donk face showed 6c4c.

[/ QUOTE ]
After 2 limpers and an MP raiser I think A LOT of solid posters here aren't hesitating to toss in another SB with a suited 1-gap for a late-position post. 6.5-to-1 immediate (likely close to 10-to-1 after blinds and calls) isn't too bad with a suited-connector and good position.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In any case, donk face showed 6c4c.

[/ QUOTE ]
After 2 limpers and an MP raiser I think A LOT of solid posters here aren't hesitating to toss in another SB with a suited 1-gap for a late-position post. 6.5-to-1 immediate (likely close to 10-to-1 after blinds and calls) isn't too bad with a suited-connector and good position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Yep sounds good. I figured this would be the correct play, but I think this was clearly a case of making the right play for the wrong reasons, as calling two cold with any two suited seemed to be par for the course for said villain.