Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 05:31 AM

Default Re: 55 players - do I need to pay more attention to time of day than a

[ QUOTE ]
although i dont have a significant 33 sample, i did play around 300 of them when i first started 8 tabling a few months ago, and i remember them being quite a bit tighter in the early stages than the 55s. also, the bubble calls were pretty bad too, but that makes things difficult for us push bots. in the 55s, people still try to sneak into the money. in the 33s, people seem more willing to gamble it up. i duno, again, i havent played that many 33s, especailly lately. however, i do think the 55s are so damn easy that you are foolish for not moving up. take a shot, it may work out for ya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got 3000 or so $30s, and about 1400 $50s now. The $50s are definitely harder. I think if you experienced some difficulty at the $33s it's style and not skill related, Mr. 12 Tabling $200 All-Star Luckbox Pro.

But, I'll probably be moving up soon. I'm still beating the $55s at a near 20% rate, so I might as well take some of the hotshots cash.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:32 AM

haha, i hear ya. be forewarned though, the difficulty jump going from the 55s to the 109s is relatively steep. i have had almost twice as much success at the 55s than at the 109s. rakeback makes it close to even. to be honest, i say build a roll at the 55s and jump to the 215s. i hate 109s. holla
Old 06-16-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, i hear ya. be forewarned though, the difficulty jump going from the 55s to the 109s is relatively steep. i have had almost twice as much success at the 55s than at the 109s. rakeback makes it close to even. to be honest, i say build a roll at the 55s and jump to the 215s. i hate 109s. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm full of it. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't move to $100s until I was 6 tabling the $50s at a solid ROI.

So, I've got to do that first.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, tod does make a differance at the 109s. I play most of mine lunchtime / early PM pacific time & the standard is generally pretty good, whereas at the weekend they are full of fish.