Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: 20 pf 6-max pf decisions

first i am assuming that this is an a normal party 1/2 6m table with a lot of people limping in with crappy hands. (and the occasional strong hand)

1. easy easy fold
2. raises
3. folds
4. raises or calls depending on the action you think ull get when flopping a set.
5. raises
6. raises
7. calls
8. fold
9. complete
T. complete
11. raises
12. calls
13. ehh id lean towards fold
14. fold
15. i just think weak offsuit hands are the devil. i'd fold. this would be the lowest nonsuited connectors i would think about limping with though.
16. id probably defend here and call.
17. complete
18. same as 4, with a greater preference for calling.
19. folds
20. marginal call. but this is a pretty crappy hand.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM

1. Fold
2. Raise
3. Fold (this depends on the blinds mostly, I might raise)
4. Raise
5. Raise (again depends on blinds and button, this could be a fold)
6. Raise
7. Call and hope to flop well
8. Fold
9. Complete
10. Complete
11. Raise
12. Call
13. Fold (could call depending on UTG)
14. Fold
15. Fold
16. Fold
17. Complete
18. Raise
19. Fold
20. Fold

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-07-2005, 02:57 PM

Explain to me why you fold hand 3 and raise hand 11
Old 06-07-2005, 02:59 PM

I've been banging my head against the wall at 1/2 6-max (and full) for about 10k hands now. So this should be interesting. I've either had incredibly bad luck, or incredibly bad play- probably a bit o' both. So I know my 6 max pf game needs tuning.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font> HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
I normally just call here. With an A I'd raise.(edit) I don't read good...fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font> HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
raise

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, 1 fold, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
raise or limp depending upon the table. If it's likely to get folded around and/or get me HU with the BB I'll raise. If the rest of the table is likely to call I'll just limp.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one of the ones that gets me, A8 or A9 in LP. Each time I raise I run into something like AJ (even without the limper). I'm inclined to raise, but based upon my results I don't like it. So I'm not sure what's correct.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
limp or raise depending on who the limpers are. Usually this is a raise though. Again, not 100% confident either way.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
calls, I'd need AT at least to cap against most opponents I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes raise, sometimes fold. depends on the blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
call

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm usually calling this, but lately have been folding if the high card isn't higher than a T- not sure on correctness, I've just run into alot of flush over flush lately. Bad thinking I know.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
ughh...most of the time I'm still folding this UTG. Sometimes I'll raise it.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
I normally call here with suited connectors and some suited 1 gaps. I guess it depends on the raising standards of UTG.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666"> HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
offsuit- I'm folding. If there were a couple of cold callers in there I may think about calling. but 90% of the time I'm folding.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>
HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font> HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
depends...I'm 50/50 call/raise depending on who the CO &amp; BB are.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
limp

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
fold

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, HERO?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll usually fold I think.

[hijack]BTW, if anyones interested in swapping some 1/2 hand histories (full or 6max) let me know. I'm bleeding off money there and could use a second set of eyes to help out spotting some of my larger leaks. I'm finding the 1/2 players to be just as bad as the .50/1 players, just in a very different way and I'm having some difficulty adjusting.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Explain to me why you fold hand 3 and raise hand 11

[/ QUOTE ]

Because KJ plays better when I get coldcallers than 55 does, and at 1/2 6max, I'm often getting coldcallers?
Old 06-07-2005, 03:02 PM

Fold hand 3 because you have no chance to steal the blinds and your hand is marginal in a 3 way pot. Raise 11 because KJo is a good hand and we have the button and they are limping with all kinds of crap.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-07-2005, 03:04 PM

Never open limp at 6 max.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-07-2005, 03:13 PM

i think saying they are the same past mp will confuse people. pf agg from any position will be greater. i usually woulndt raise JTs from late position in a full ring game against a few limpers. same with medium pocket pairs. i wont always do this, but i certainly do it often.

of course you will play differently in a 6m game- the hand values are drastically different. your blind equity goes up (which means you could complete and call a lot more hands out of the blinds than normal) and moderate strength hands with showdown potential go up in value as well.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:15 PM

If you've found yourself at a table where the only button that shows up on your opponents software preflop is the call button, the raise and fold buttons are nowhere to be seen, you could perhaps open-limp 22-55 UTG. I can't even make up a situation where I'd want to open limp in MP, CO, or button. As a (very good) general rule, however, don't open limp short-handed (or when it's folded to you MP2+ in a full ring game).
Old 06-07-2005, 03:16 PM

Not the 55 hand, the A4o hand