Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 10:39 AM

Default W$ ?

May be stupid question but what are W$'s . I see posts offering sale of these at something like 85% the price. Is this just a laundering issue or are these W$ earned through play like FPP's? If they are different how are they earned?
Never heard the term before.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: W$ ?

W$ are earned on PokerStars and they're related only to special tournaments like WSOP qualifiers, WPT qualifiers, EPT, WCOOP, etc. Regular tournaments generate T$, I believe, though I've never fiddled with those.

When you win a satellite on PokerStars you have an option of playing the tournament you won your way into or unregistering. In the latter case you'll get W$ in the amount of the buy-in credited to your account. You can use these W$ to buy into other "W" events. You can play a bunch of "easy" satellites to accumulate W$ and then combine them to play in, say, the $615 tournament they hold on Sundays for WSOP ME seats.

As you've seen, there is a market for selling and buying W$. If you can get them at less than face value, then you can essentially get a tournament entry cheap. To my knowledge, there's nothing wrong with buying and selling them since PS makes it possible.

If you have W$ to sell, I see this site will buy them:

Trade Poker

I have no affiliation with them, but I have heard people use this site to sell their W$. You may be able to get a better price selling privately or elsewhere, of course.

Regards,

T