Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 04:01 PM

Default countering a bully?

I was playing a live tournament. 100 entries. t1500 to start so 150k in play. paid top 9.
Chipleader ( not me ) had about 90k with 10 people left.
Second biggest stack had about 20k.
I had 7400.
Lowest stack 1800.
Chipleader knocked out so many players so quick that blinds were still only at 400-800.
Now since everyone was pretty low stacked the chipleader had gone all-in blind for four hands in a row and had not gotten called once, since we were in the bubble.
The fifth hand he again went all in UTG and im MP and look down at A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]- 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. My main problem is that UTG+1 is the shortest stack and will probably have one more hand of play unless he doubles up. I figure against a random hand im probably 60-40.
I like to think of myself as a sole go for first guy... but noticing all those short-stacks and one monster stack im just hoping to place high.
So what do you think, take the risk?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: countering a bully?

No, wait for a better spot. Its likely that someone (maybe you with a better hand) will take a bite out of the bully and slow him down within the next few orbits.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:13 PM

Definately wait for a better spot. It doesn't cost you anything to fold, but could cost you everything to call.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:17 PM

Given the profile of stack sizes, your going to see the bubble burst and then if big stack continues to bully, a flurry of people getting knocked out quick. Hang tight and wait for a better spot.