Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Default I have never been so lost...

Just sat down so no reads...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Is this a stupid place to fold? And what the hell is with the button folding? Can anyone explain that?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: I have never been so lost...

First, the required notice: 1/2 goes in micro-limits.

Second, I think you played it fine.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, I think you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well even.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:12 PM

looks fine from here
Old 05-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Played perfectly IMO, you aren't winning this often enough if you show down with this kind of action on this board to show a profit. And yeah, button's action is really frustrating.

Edit: Just noticed this is 6 handed and you have no reads. Call the river, I think you're good here surprisingly often. Didn't realize things were short handed where players often go maniacal.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Hrm. I think I call this. BB can be waking up with alot of scary stuff, but he could also be overplaying a hand like A7, and this is a pretty large pot.

Especially 6-handed. I'm definitely calling this down. Getting 3-bet from behind kinda sucks, but I don't think it's going to happen very often.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hrm. I think I call this. BB can be waking up with alot of scary stuff, but he could also be overplaying a hand like A7, and this is a pretty large pot.

Especially 6-handed. I'm definitely calling this down. Getting 3-bet from behind kinda sucks, but I don't think it's going to happen very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even notice it was 6 handed, shows how much I pay attention to detail. That changes everything, as players get way out of line sometimes when the game goes short handed. I think you gotta call after all, especially without reads.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:57 PM

This is really difficult. I might make the crying call to see his flush. I don't see how, after the flop action, he could think his A7 is good. He's got to have a pair and backdoor flush draw on the flop. Tough river, I don't know what the answer is.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:04 PM

Not having aread really puts u in a bind here. I have the button on Ax and BB could be callin a raise pre flop with 66, slowplaying to the riv(buttons doing the raising for him) But u dont know his typpe and could be there with a connected club hand(9-10c-people love to see flops with these)You played well though
Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 PM

A previously passive, practically dead, player wakes up, not with a bet, but a c/r...I am pretty sure he was not cold calling all those raises with A7, smells bad of clubs.

I'd fold.