Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Done with party.

I do like Full Tilt myself...I made quite a bit there only down side is you cant get Hand History or Tourney History..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 12:16 AM

I'll check out FULL TILT. Thanks. BYthe wAy ThKS OLoTT 4 CoRREcctEn mY cRaPPy TYYpIn!!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:50 AM

i would just remove party's software from your PC and download it again. i've never heard of anyone having the problems you speak of, and i just got done with a 2 hour session.

i assume you have broadband?

cheers!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your lucky, the party bug I spoke of hits me about every other day. The shut down bug that is. When its you turn to act the yellow arrow keep's blinking and your options to act disappear and you get folded out. I made a similar post about this a few days ago and some one told me its a commom bug with the party software that they will deny. Whatever, Eurobet is that a party skin?

[/ QUOTE ]

This poster does not lie. I've had these bugs happen to me on several occasions. They seem to come in spurts (i.e. they last for a few days, go away for many weeks, return, go away, and so forth).

I emailed Empire very frequently about the problem and they eventually gave this response:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please write back with the details so that the concerned department can look into it and paste the questionnaire for options disappearing and the wait list questionnaire

Delete all temp files and cookies & clear History in the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below.

1) Close all programs/windows and open Internet Explorer

2) Click on Tools on the menu bar

3) Click on Internet Options.

4) Click on "Delete Files". Check "Delete all offline content" option.

5) Click on "View Files". Click on "Edit" on the top and click on "Select All". Press the "Del" on the keyboard. Close this window. Also close the Settings window.

6) Click on the "Clear History" button. Click on "Yes" to confirm. Click "Ok" and close all the windows. Also close Internet Explorer.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Flora
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

These instructions did nothing for me, and I continued to contact them. They then had me take screenshots of the glitches and send them in. I did this but never received a response.

If you get anything from this OP, be it that you are not alone.

EDIT: And my system was brand new and top of the line at the time, and I have broadband so I don't think that technical problems on my part were the issue.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:41 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe your internet connection sucks ass??

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing.

When I get disconnected from my wireless connection, "the yellow arrow just keeps blinking".

It could also be some kind of virus on his system that is eating up clock cycles or bandwidth, causing your poker software to disconnect. Run a spyware/virus scan.

Also, you didn't mean to say Pacific poker, did you?
Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have just decided that I am done w/ party poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

One multitabler down; 18,000 to go.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have just decided that I am done w/ party poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

One multitabler down; 18,000 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have just decided that I am done w/ party poker. Along with the numerous bugs that shut you down every other session, now THEY'RE only giving you 3 seconds to act on your hand instead of 20. Which is impossible to do if you muti-table. Now I hear THEY'RE doing away with rakebacks. WTF!!! It's a shame, because all the bad play THERE almost makes it worth staying. Can anyone suggest another good site that allows muti-tabling ,has party-like play, and runs A LOT (if you're going to use this term) smoother.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

you might be the biggest loser on the 2+2 forums, which is saying a lot.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Are you back at Party yet, or did you really quit for good?
Old 05-28-2005, 06:16 PM

Party is riggedzored against aspiring multitablers.

It's a default bug in the registry C/6969-420/prty.exe that the updater installs when they know that you are a losing player. They know you're going to lose even with the proper timing, but they want you to have an excuse to blame your losses on so you keep coming back.

Blackjack