Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2003, 03:09 PM

Default Re: AK with a one-tone board

In a pot this size, I think you should 3 bet the turn to drive out the BB. His play is bizarre, but does not indicate a big hand. You are also still a huge favorite against UAG. It is even possible BB will toss a bad flush card, which is hugely profitable.

Tommy is right about the river, unless UAG will fear a slowplay by your actions so much that he would check AA or KJ.

Dan Z
Old 05-01-2003, 06:28 PM

Default Re: AK with a one-tone board

Hi Diplomat,

It's Chris X. from Toronto...haven't heard from you in a while....anyhow, well, I sort of cheated, as I read all the posts, including your actual hand result post, so I know what the maniac had...but, pretending like I don't know what he's got....

Most of the time I would re-raise the turn, as I think the pairing of the 4 actually improves your hand, and might raise out a small flush-card holding by the BB.

As for the river, that's a tough one, and easy for everyone to criticize. My take is that against a solid opponent I wouldn't bet the river, and would check often against passive calling-stations. But, maniacs who check I almost always would bet it for value on the river. I mean, against most opponents it's probably not a +EV value bet, but with the UAG I would toss in a bet since he may even call with a J or pocket 99's or whatever.

Chris X.