Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Friends, Physical Affection

[ QUOTE ]
Grown ups goofed around a lot and for instance were playing piggy back with each other and just being very friendly which I thought was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I don't know; I'm sure there are studies done to explain why this isn't the case around here.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the old ass slap?

We used to do that after a sectional win in soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you need to chime in with some physical accomplishment of yours in seemingly every thread where you can fit it in? We get it dude, you are such a fine tuned athlete and a KILLING MACHINE ! All the while finding 13 hours a day to post on two plus two! You must run/practice karate and browse the web at the same time.
-James
Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 AM

glad to see so many on topic replies this thread
Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The responses are hilarious. I don't understand why so many Americans are freaked out about it.

Religion, maybe? Are there any homophobic atheists out there?

American men (well most of us, anyway, me included) are taught to hide their emotions from an early age. For example, being called "crybaby" in a jeering tone is a negative stimulus, punishment, if you like, for even an infant.

10 minutes or so pass...

...and, by the time a boy is old enough to play games or otherwise interact with his peers, the vast majority of whom have had the same sort of training, showing emotion is "punished" even more effectively. By the time a kid is in the sixth grade, he's pretty well programmed, unless he is one of the small, mostly outcast, minority.

That gets us to "Showing emotions in front of other males is not ok". From this attitude it follows, rather obviously, that hugging, holding hands, (god forbid) cheek-kissing, and certainly any more affectionate touching than that is not ok.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
glad to see so many on topic replies this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time think very carefully about your title and word choices. I learned my lesson via this thread/nightmare.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grown ups goofed around a lot and for instance were playing piggy back with each other

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I agree completely, Bruiser. I just got back from a friend of mine's place on 43rd. I goofed around and played piggy-back with her and it was definitely a good time. We also did other affectionate stuff. Doing affectionate stuff with friends is cool. Also, since she didn't want to come downtown, she paid for the cab to her place, which was cool.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grown ups goofed around a lot and for instance were playing piggy back with each other

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I agree completely, Bruiser. I just got back from a friend of mine's place on 43rd. I goofed around and played piggy-back with her and it was definitely a good time. We also did other affectionate stuff. Doing affectionate stuff with friends is cool. Also, since she didn't want to come downtown, she paid for the cab to her place, which was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put it in her pooper?
Old 05-16-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Same Sex Physical Affection

Come on guys, I think its obvious.

-WIR
Old 05-16-2005, 04:36 AM

If Wacki was still awake, he'd tell you how much you sucked. And do you know what? He'd be right.

-WIR
Old 05-16-2005, 07:21 AM

I haven't read a single response but I am imagining a bunch of "[censored]" comments and at least one "stick it in his pooper". Very risky post, open to serious flaming.