Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 Limper, It's raised by a TAG in LP and it's folded to you, do you on the button:
Raise 101 55.49%
Call 26 14.29%
Fold 55 30.22%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: MOST out of the money in a ROW???

You guys will laugh at this then. When I first played I used to make comments like that also. I don't bother doing it anymore but let me find them.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me too. 136 and 138 cracked me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some other pretty funny ones too.

A couple months ago I used to do this, and I would do something insane for every single one like....

Like .... "AJ vs T9. YEAH GOOD CALL DIPSHIT MAYBE I HAD T8? WHAT ARE YOU [censored] STUPID YOU [censored] PIECE OF [censored]? THINK ABOUT IT? YOU TRYING TO GIVE AWAY YOUR MONEY? WTF WTF WTF WTF"
Old 05-13-2005, 03:45 PM

THNX 4 UR $$$$$$!!!11
Old 05-13-2005, 03:47 PM

wow that is almost identical to what my spreadsheets look like [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 05-13-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is every tourney I've played today...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that our feedback to your poll has helped your results. No need to thank us.

What were the stacks in 136?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see that our feedback to your poll has helped your results. No need to thank us.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it was like 150/300 blinds, and I was in the SB and had like 1600 chips and he had me covered.

It wasn't like I had 500 from the button and he called from the BB.

Sometimes when people auto call all ins with less than stellar hands it confuses the crap out of me.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I just ran some calcs. If your ITM is 35%, you would expect to go 22 OOTM every 13,059 games, which is probably less than Raptor has played.

Actually at 40% ITM it would be expected every 76,000 games and if you have played as many games as Raptor has played 22 could reasonably just be bad luck and not tilt.

My worst is 15. That was the first time I tried 4 tabling and I know I made a bunch of mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest, a lot of you have been talking about how its a combination of bad play AND bad variance. well, as for the bad variance.. micro gives some numbers that should help people see how easy it CAN be to have a streak like that. now, most of you probably havent played 13,059 games, and a lot of you are probably above 35% itm. however, 13k+ sngs isnt a whole lot more than i have actually played, and i may have even played more lifetime.

as for bad play? maybe. however, i have a VERY low tilt factor in sngs. if i DO go on tilt, it is by putting myself in MARGINAL +ev spots instead of VERY +ev spots. i dont find myself EVER making bad calls. period. i just simply dont call bad, which is the BIGGEST leak of sng players. when i push that 46 from utg on the bubble at 200-400 when im chip leader, and button has 200 chips, and BB wakes up with KK, is that a leak when i lose? no.

so to all of you sngers out there, believe me, im not tilting up, im not going broke, and im sure as hell not taking a day off. i dont do that. im going to start up my 12 tables right now, just like i did yesterday, and make all my money back. or go 17 ootms in a row. who knows. thats poker. holla
Old 05-13-2005, 03:54 PM

You guys will like this. I used to make comments just like that but stopped doing it as you will see why.

First this is how it started.

But then soon turned into: (Yes I was insane) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 04:02 PM

You haven't played poker long enough if you haven't had >20 game loss. My worse is 24.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it was like 150/300 blinds, and I was in the SB and had like 1600 chips and he had me covered.

It wasn't like I had 500 from the button and he called from the BB.

Sometimes when people auto call all ins with less than stellar hands it confuses the crap out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, things change a bit after you are in the money. 2nd place is for losers. People push with a lot more, and they call with a lot more.

If you had been stealing from him a lot on the bubble, he was probably just waiting to cash before putting a stop to it. Once he saw a King, he was auto calling. Just a guess.

I had this hand in a 109 the other day. I'm not sure how many chips your villian had, but I probably would've called with K7 here too.

Blinds 200/400
Button - Villian 1615
SB - 3715
BB - pvs 4670

Dealt to pvs [Qd Jh]

Button raises allin
SB folds
pvs calls