Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: what the hell is wrong with you assholes -

[ QUOTE ]
think the correct term might be yourselves, but that's just me

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to try to rip on someone that ripped on someone else for language use, you really should consider taking your own advice.

And I never proofread. Its a [censored] internet forum.

Genius.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:36 AM

Old 05-12-2005, 05:37 AM

Seriously, I've been looking for this picture for about a year. Thanks for finding it for me.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny.

However, in this case the argument that OP is making is incredibly significant if he is able to influence the behavior of some OOTiots in the future if a similar situation arises and instead of egging the 'villain' on the OOT community sends him PMs offering him support.

If someone posts online that they are considering killing themselves and they are seriously considering their idea then their post is the definition of a cry for help, to not only disregard that cry but to instead egg them on is so unbelieveably irresponsible that it is sickening (and yes, I too was guilty and yes, I am extremely ashamed by my actions)
Old 05-12-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to hell for how much I lauged at that.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats funny.

However, in this case the argument that OP is making is incredibly significant if he is able to influence the behavior of some OOTiots in the future if a similar situation arises and instead of egging the 'villain' on the OOT community sends him PMs offering him support.

If someone posts online that they are considering killing themselves and they are seriously considering their idea then their post is the definition of a cry for help, to not only disregard that cry but to instead egg them on is so unbelieveably irresponsible that it is sickening (and yes, I too was guilty and yes, I am extremely ashamed by my actions)

[/ QUOTE ]

No i agree its a serious situation. Just trying to point out an obvious fact some people dont get. You can cuss at someone all you want, call them those big bad names, but its pointless. Someone who has a different opinion then you on 99% of subjects will not change there view on a topic because you argue back and forth.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:45 AM

Inchoate, I used to think I hated you, but you are quickly running up the ranks in my own personal "Poster of the Year" contest. Keep fighting the good fight.

N.B. Poboy: I am empathetic with the sad experiences you have had in the past with suicides. That being said, it's clear no such tragedy was going on in these shawn_p posts. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:54 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm halfway liable to report you to the police and let you spend a few nights in jail and spend some of that hard earned money defending yourselves against a manslaughter charge. (and yes, there is precedence for doing so - I used to frequent suicide boards when I was that bad off myself - I saw people who were arrested because they agreed to meet and kill themselves - one chickened out and he was arrested for being an accessory)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could post the courtcase where someone on an internet board, never meeting the person, is held liable for something as serious as manslaughter, because of what they typed in a thread on an online forum, please do so. I'd like to read it.

That's like saying someone wanting to jump off a building while someone down below yells for them to jump, the yeller is liable. Which, from what I hear, is a common occurrence in NY city.

b
Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 AM

It is. And AFAIK they've never been held liable.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:00 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I just noticed your location.

That kind of cracked me up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Closed Thread