Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 11:41 AM

Default HDPM -- Augusta National

There are several articles at ESPN.com about the upcoming Masters. All the simmering pots are starting to boil over, now that we're getting close. I don’t know about you, but I can hardly wait; it should be terribly interesting, I think, and on top of all the turbulence, Davis Love seems to be smacking the ball pretty well.

April 10 thru 13—don’t forget.

Tom D
Old 04-02-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Re: HDPM -- Augusta National

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] there is an individual who has signed up for a permit to protest the protesting...no lie..lol...does that mean he is picketing himself??

hootie stands tall..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2003, 02:30 PM

I have not read those articles yet but will check them out. My interest is much lower than in previous years. I think the controversy is part of it. I would very much like to see Tiger win 3 in a row. In a way Hootie has really ruined things, but perhaps all he did was force me to confront my own hypocricy about the matter. But I figure to be watching the back nine on Sunday that's for sure.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:41 PM

Tiger will have a six shot lead by the start of the back nine on Sunday. Watching Brad Faxon and Jim Furyk battle for second place will make us wish there were commercials.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:25 PM

Tiger is a great golfer. No one disputes it. But remember, the odds are that someone else will win the Masters. I sure hope he's not leading by six going into the back nine. I want some drama!
Old 04-02-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Bummer

Gee, man, you’re just about no fun at all. Forget Hootie; enjoy the golf. If you want, I’ll take Davis Love over Tiger for a buck, just to pique your interest.

Tom D
Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 PM

Yeah, it’s not much fun watching Tiger stroll to the finish while the rest of the field crashes and burns behind him. He’s a great player, the greatest I think, but I want to see what he can do when someone is shooting at him.

Tom D
Old 04-02-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Bummer

Make it an adult beverage less than $10.00 and I'll lay you 2-1 if I can have Tiger. Maybe collect at the seminar. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Trying to catch Tiger

Trying to Catch Tiger, an article at Foxsports.com.

The sport’s shrinks are making big bucks off Tiger. Perhaps they should show a little appreciation and slip him a sawbuck or two.

Sorry for the delay HDPM, but I had to check with my backers before I accepted your offer. It’s a bet. You’re laying me two to one (2:1), payable in adult drinks of not more than ten dollars American ($10.00) each, that Tiger Woods outscores Davis Love III (a tie is a push) at this year’s Masters (2003).

To everyone else: You’ve got action, too (same bet), if you can stand it.

I guess we’ll soon find out if these guys (shrinks) are worth their salt.

Tom D
Old 04-04-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Tiger\'s Mom Likes My Side

Here's what Tida says about Tiger v. Davis in this month's Golf Digest, "Tiger steal his heart. He kill Davis' heart." [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]