Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: how to multitable with small monitor?

Yeah, I would like to see a screenshot of Terp's setup also, sounds HARDCORE.

I have a laptop w 1024x768 resolution. I play on UB and use their miniview - which allows me to see ALL the action in the 3 tables I play. I could do four, but UB doesnt allow more than 3 (unless you have 3 S&Gs running and then load up a MTT).

I write down the time each one starts, which I use to determine when the blinds increase on each one - since miniview doesn't tell you that info.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got 1900x1200 on my new lappy...I now 2 table with the lobbies open. no overlap. and that's on 2nd best resolution. I imagine you could go to 6 tables with minimal overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm considering trying this. I'm feeling comfortable playing 4-tables on my 1920x1600 laptop and I'm thinking about adding one, but it will start me overlapping again.

One problem I'm seeing is that my internet connection starts flaking out more and more as I add more tables. It goes from great, to flakey, then back to great again. I've got the highest speed DSL that Bellsouth sells, so maybe it's something else.

But first I've got to get some more rakeback on whatever new site I play...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM

If you guys tell me how, I can do it, though I won't be playing again til Friday. I'm semi-computer illiterate outside of basic windows stuff.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:39 PM

I dont know if it is the same on all comps but for me I just hold the FN key and then press the insert key under the insert key it says print screen. Then open up paint and go to edit and click paste and that will do it. Not sure how good of an explination that is but if it doesnt work im sure someone else can do a better job of explaining
Old 05-04-2005, 03:44 PM

OK, I'll figure it out. It'll be a few days though.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:11 PM

In a "regular" SNG with a slower blind structure, I don't think I'd be comfortable playing more than 6 at a time at anything higher than $33.

Yeah...and the decrease in variance you would get wouldnt make up for the sheer volume and hourly rate of the turbos.

I went up to the 60s before I felt comfortable (had 40 Buyins in my account though) and started a 3 week slump...

I have banished myself to 2 tabling the 20+2 regulars so I can learn how to play again.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:35 PM

I do 4 tabling on each of my 17" LCD's with no overlap...the process is kind of complicated though.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:45 PM

I have a 20" flat panel now which is SOOO much nicer for 4-tabling... but before I was on a 17" monitor with 1024x768... I just made sure all 4 tables were in opposite corners of the screen, then I would only sit in the far corner seat at each table. This way I could at least see my hole cards at each table without having to move them around.

I still do this now (sit in the corner seats) even though I don't have overlap anymore... just out of habit I guess...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:50 PM

http://enablesoftware.com/index.php?...l_desktop.html

This is the software I use at work, I tried it for poker at home last night and it worked pretty well. This program sets up a virtual desktop for you. Instead of having 1 screen you have 4 screens (or as many as you want to set up) but 1 screen is shown at a time. You can set up shortcut keys to switch between the desktops.

Mess with the program a bit, it's freeware with a 30 day eval, and only $20 to register.

Microsoft also has a snap in tool that does the same thing. Good luck, and yes UMTerp is nuts. He needs to get a 4 monitor setup, he'd do better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 05:28 PM

yeah, before moving to party, i was playing on UB, then pokerchamps. both places allow you to multitable without a huge screen. that's why i was wondering how i should go about it on party.