Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 06:47 PM

Default New Annika news

According to ESPN reports, Annika golfed with Tiger Woods and John Smoltz (yes, John Smoltz the baseball pitcher) from the tips on TIgers home course. According to Tiger, Smoltz (a 1 or 2 handicapper) beat Annika by "at least a couple of strokes".

Doesn't bode well.

Current line on her making the cut:
Yes: +340
No: -370
Old 03-19-2003, 07:07 PM

Default Re: New Annika news

She also played colonial with David Frost. She didn't keep score, but she didn't do too well some onlookers said. And they'll be more rough and tougher pins at the tourn. -370 against making the cut is a very enticing number. Smoltz played well, but he's a 1. At colonial there will be a full field of guys who would be +4's or so on their home course. But a 1 handicapper can beat a tour player on a given day. Not a full field of them in a tournament though.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:12 PM

I just want to know how the hell you play without keeping score. LOL.

I've felt all along -350 or so was like stealing. I still think so obviously.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Annika Sorenstam gets her invite to a PGA event

The past Colonial winners were more often than not, stronger players from the standpoint of basically shorter hitters with the ability to adapt to the golf courses, which, we will see if she can adapt. She will probably have the largest challenge in her life so far as far as competetion, it will be set up longer than the LPGA plays and the pin positions are tougher as well. The general opinion of those that I talk with is that it really can do nothing good for the LPGA, if she plays well, the better players from the LPGA will want to play on the PGA tour(taking away from the LPGA), if she plays poorly then "Well the women just aren't that good then are they?". I think it will be entertaining, but I think it would be funny if she or Suzie Whaley were to somehow become eligible for the Masters, that would make interesting press.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:22 AM

Just an update on 13 year old Michele Wie. Last week tied for fourth in the men's Hawaii State Am.
She is planning to play in 6 LPGA events this year, and 1 (men's)Canadian Tour event.